X86 Linux & Arm Linux Apps

M-HT said:
I apologize if it sounded that way, but I didn't talk about automatic translators - and that applies to everything I said in this thread.
My original point was that my recompiler is fast because it targets single executable (instead of multiple executables). Not because it's a static recompiler instead of dynamic one.

I think that this is what needs to be driven home to some of the people pushing static over dynamic. For a single target, manual intervention job having a static recompiler to do most (not all) of the work is good. If we're talking about an emulator then it hasn't been established why static would be preferable to dynamic, all that has been established is difficulty in compatability.

But yes, it was said (not by you) that your recompiler is fast because it's static, and that's really not why.

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:
Na-Noo said:
dflemstr said:
Aninhumer said:
Actually, I'm not sure how the PND system works, but I think there is some way of telling it what packages are needed to run a game.
Nope, there isn't.

If you make an app and package it in a PND, you have to include all of the package dependencies in that same PND. No dependency resolution available.

Does that include already included packages that are on the pandora by default, or do you mean just the additional ones?
The Pandora uses IPKG for core packages, but developers have the option to distribute games and similar simple apps in PND packages. So, if you want to install a new browser or a new window manager something, you use IPKG to do so, but if you want to play PandoraPanic, you download a PND file and drop it in a folder instead.
Sorry was talking about libraries and dependencies not the delivery mechanism itself. Was using the same definition that everyone else was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back