Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

Thanks PtitSeb ! By the way have you ever tested the external controllers with this emulator ? it has specific options for it but when I tried it like one eyar ago I could not make it work...

Thanks PtitSeb ! By the way have you ever tested the external controllers with this emulator ? it has specific options for it but when I tried it like one eyar ago I could not make it work...
Still not. I always forget to try it (and my kids borrowed my XBox360 pad).

From my test, OUYA controllers work great.

And once I have lots of cash, I want some 8bitdo controllers to try...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, the latest release is fantastic! Great work, it's the definitive Ex Plus Alpha bundle. :)

Even the SNES 1.53 core runs full-speed now @ 1.3 GHz, except for a few audio pops here and there, but it's definitely better than before, I haven't seen it frameskipping even once.

-- edit --

Same goes for the GBA, previously there was a bit of slowdown, e.g. in Aria of Sorrow when there was a lot of sprites on screen, but I just killed Legion, who is a 4-part huge-sprite boss that constantly spawns small enemies as well, and the entire fight went without any slowdown whatsoever, whereas in previous builds it would often dip below 100% speed or go into frameskip (if set to auto). Best portable GBA emulator ever, better than the real thing now. Not to mention the fixed scanlines, it looks absolutely fabulous now with integer-based scaling, no filter, and 50% scanlines.

I'm on firmware 1.72. No one with this problem that if you go to standby at running game and run again, that emu is freezing?
For me this happens at Gba and Snes emu. I'm testing Sgx driver default and 4.10. Emu always at latest version

This seems to be a side effect of the newer sgx drivers. The old default driver was fine in this regard, but had more rendering problems. If your application is fine with the old driver, reverting the driver to an older version may help.

It also freezes for me. It also happens when I leave the emulator open and do not touch any buttons for a period of time - the screen goes black and the whole OS freezes. It's a bit annoying, but manageable.

There's also another issue - audio skips every now and then. It's barely noticeable, a few ms at most, and it does not seem to interfere with or be related to framerate. Any ideas?

It also freezes for me. It also happens when I leave the emulator open and do not touch any buttons for a period of time - the screen goes black and the whole OS freezes. It's a bit annoying, but manageable.

I have noticed this. It also does this when I am using a bluetooth controller and TV-out. This means I need to move a mouse every few minutes to prevent the screen from turning off.

However, this does not freeze the Pandora for me. It only turns off the screen and the emulator begins running at a stuttering/snail pace with skipping audio. After pressing any button on the actual Pandora or moving a mouse, the screen turns back on and the emulator goes back to normal.

I believe ptitSeb said the stuttering/freezing has to do with the SGX driver not able to handle turning off the LCD. Perhaps this also freezes the unit depending on your model and SGX driver.

I would really love a way to stop the screen from going to sleep, but I can't figure out how to stop it. This also happens with Love2D games if the Pandora nubs are in joystick mode and no other buttons are pressed for a while. I noticed this as the Love game I am working on is currently limited to simply being a twin stick shooter until I can add more features, so I rarely hit other buttons. It seems that joystick inputs do not count as real input for some reason, so the screen goes to sleep if no other key or mouse input is registered...

EDIT: I do need to mention that this is a VERY minor annoyance. It is easy enough to work around, and will be a moot point for my game once it gets more features. I appreciate ptitSeb's emulator and Love ports way too much for me to truly complain. That is the reason why I haven't been asking ptitSeb to try to fix it for me, even though I think about asking every now and again...

@edgex004: for Love, that is based on SDL, you can try this export:

Code:
export SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER="0"
But Emu Plus Alpha EX are based on X11, so this export wont work. Not sure how to temporary stop the X11 Screesaver in the runscript, but I'm pretty sure there is a way (and I remember there was a discussion about that on the board, on some software, but I don't remember were).

Off:

xset -dpms
xset s 0 0

On:

xset +dpms
xset dpms 120 120 120
xset s 120 120

The 120 values are from my Slackware setup, don't know Zaxxon's ones.

The SNES emulator segfaults when I attempt to activate any action replay code. It used to work. Anyone else having this?

Well milky didn't show it as an update, should I redownload it manually ?

And since last night. I haven't used it in a while.

Back