E-Uae With Cyclone?

john4p

UAE4All is good but only emulates 2 drives, has no harddisk-support and no savestates (for faster loading).

Also UAE4All isn't even compatible to every OCS-title whereas E-UAE has close to 100% compatibility.

Is it easy to combine E-UAE (or, even better, a port of WinUAE without the x86-specific JIT-stuff) with the 68000 assembler core Cyclone to get the ultimate portable Amiga experience?

Kinda like PSPUAE - only with crystal clear stereo sound and 50fps without frameskip?

Is PSPUAE that fast? The last version I have tried was pretty slow. I guess I have to try the latest version.

PS: I would also love to have an amiga emulator with AGA and hard drive emulation to get the ultimate portable whdload experience.

john4p said:
Is it easy to combine E-UAE (or, even better, a port of WinUAE without the x86-specific JIT-stuff) with the 68000 assembler core Cyclone to get the ultimate portable Amiga experience?
UAE emulation stuff is deeply tied into CPU core, so no. It was PITA to do it for UAE4All even, and it resulted in various compatibility problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
chaos engineer said:
Is PSPUAE that fast?
No, it's not. That's why I wrote only with crystal clear stereo sound and 50fps without frameskip. Which PSPUAE doesn't provide.

But I'm confident the Pandora will...

notaz said:
john4p said:
UAE emulation stuff is deeply tied into CPU core, so no. It was PITA to do it for UAE4All even, and it resulted in various compatibility problems.
Damn. How hard do you think would it be to add savestates to UAE4All then?

Or do you think it's likely that the Pandora can reach ~fullspeed on OCS-games with E-UAE without Cyclone?

And what about PSPUAE using FAME/C? Would a port of PSPUAE work on Pandora - with Cyclone instead of FAME/C?
And how hard would it be to fix PSPUAE's sound issues?

Btw., thanks a lot for all of your amazing work with Cyclone, PicoDrive, UAE4All, etc., etc.! :)

john4p said:
Damn. How hard do you think would it be to add savestates to UAE4All then?
I remember from back then it was complicated because the emu was not designed for this.

john4p said:
Or do you think it's likely that the Pandora can reach ~fullspeed on OCS-games with E-UAE without Cyclone?

And what about PSPUAE using FAME/C? Would a port of PSPUAE work on Pandora - with Cyclone instead of FAME/C?
And how hard would it be to fix PSPUAE's sound issues?
No idea, I haven't looked at any *UAE* code for years now (and haven't used those as I'm not really into Amiga stuff).

notaz said:
No idea, I haven't looked at any *UAE* code for years now (and haven't used those as I'm not really into Amiga stuff).
I tried to look at some UAE code a few weeks ago. That has become a huge mess given the number of variants that exist, each of one being targeted at some platform. Add to that some of these variants are a pile of crap with random hacks.
Needless to say I stopped looking at that after wasting one hour.

Back