Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

Flame me, but I think sudoku should be player on paper xD more place for notes and stupid ideas ;-)

Ive played it on the gameboy ds (brain training i believe) and it plays kinda nice. Tho im a newbie at sudoku :)

and zodttd, I hope you dont think im trying to rush you or something. I was just enjoing the discussion and was afraid that i was missing out.

I hope i can ever play wipeout2097 with 25 fps and sound, would be greatest thing ever regarding games!! But i think its pretty cool to see it working now already, so gl!!

Good job zodchops. It's good to see you're still enthusiastic about this. I can't wait for that new thread!

Hey Zod! Why not releasing that sudoku game for the gp2x? We don`t have a touchscreen device, but with a decent mouse emulation going, why not releasing it as a commercial gp2x game? You apparently are the one to ask for stuff like this, since you have been making commercial games for mobile devices for quite a time, right? And the gp2x needs some decent commercial game, too...

PS.: but don`t get any wrong ideas and release that psone emulator as commercial :D :D :D

hehe :)
well I'd pay for a full-speed full-working full-sound psx emulator,
however a FREE full-speed full-working full-sound psx emulator would be even better! ;)

BTW who designed there ugly smiley faces, they look like crap :p

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 12 2006 at 09:04 PM said:
Hey Zod! Why not releasing that sudoku game for the gp2x? We don`t have a touchscreen device, but with a decent mouse emulation going, why not releasing it as a commercial gp2x game? You apparently are the one to ask for stuff like this, since you have been making commercial games for mobile devices for quite a time, right? And the gp2x needs some decent commercial game, too...

PS.: but don`t get any wrong ideas and release that psone emulator as commercial :D :D :D

I doubt he'd do that *cogh cough* bleem *cough*

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, could anyone tell me where to get the latest version of the emu from (alpha3c i think)
I just got my new memory card after my old one broke and I cant wait to get testing. :)

Jeebus posted on Sep 13 2006 at 01:17 PM said:
Hey, could anyone tell me where to get the latest version of the emu from (alpha3c i think)
I just got my new memory card after my old one broke and I cant wait to get testing. :)

I really wouldn't worry about that version, it is more of a test that it works at all. Basically, when it is optimized a little a new version will come out and that should be tested =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

A little self promotion while you patiently wait for the next release of psx4gp2x...I finished up Sudoku Challenge for Palm. As you can imagine, it is a Sudoku game for the Palm PDA. If you have a Palm, check it out at:
http://www.esoftinteractive.com/ppc-sc.html
In other shameless self promotion news, I was also busy doing the Palm versions of eSoft's Jewel Challenge, a mix of some (suprisingly, as I don't tend to like jewel games) fun jewel games:
http://www.esoftinteractive.com/ppc-jc.html
Oh, and don't forget Arcade Challenge for the Palm, which has Jumpbot, one of a handful of fun mini-games:
http://www.esoftinteractive.com/ppc-ac.html

So as you can tell I've been really busy doing these projects for eSoft. I have one more Palm title to finish up (Spot!, a spot-the-difference game) before I can have a large stretch of time to work on psx4gp2x.

If you decide to buy one of the above titles, please please please PM me letting me know! :) I'm so excited about these projects and upcoming eSoft titles. They recently partnered up with Astraware, so seeing my ports next to titles such as Bejeweled 2, is pretty super.

Oh, in other news...Yesterday I was too tired to work on anything important, and landed up writing a PSX R3000A to General MIPS dynarec. It's not complete but is already progressing in terms of performance, compatibility is extremely low though. This brings up that topic of which platform runs psx4all the best. Suprisingly it's the iStation V43. Didn't see that coming did you? :) ...The V43 is a Portable Media Player made in Korea. It has a 400MHz AMD Alchemy MIPS processor, a large hi-res screen (really nice quality), USB host/slave connectors for USB pads, a special Joynux joypad connection, and it runs Ridge Racer full speed ( 60 FPS ). With the dynarec, Final Fantasy Tactics is easily within reach of full speed, only needing a few more FPS in the heavy 3D scenes. The Gizmondo is running about as fast as the GP2X currently, though it's port is changing compilers and librarys soon which might give it an edge. The Sharp Zaurus is amazingly fast and has a 640x480 screen, but controlling it with a mini keyboard isn't fun.

So as said above, if you *really need* psx4all on the go and *need it now*, take a look at the V43. It has other features such as a full speed GBA emu with sound, same with NeoGeo and SNES (DaveC would approve!). The GP2X is where my heart is though, so it will be the driving force of psx4all. :)

Anyone know of other weird gadgets such as the V43?
Oh, and I have no plans on getting this PSX MIPS dynarec a chance on any Sony platform. No worries there. :)

it seems that you're kinda busy zodttd, that can't be a bad thing :D. Thanks for keeping the community informed.

BTW. that DigitalCube i-Station V43 looks like the sort of thing that I would add to my collection :lol:

:p
Just to clarify about the V43 (we'll get back to psx4gp2x shortly), it does have an addon joypad kit that wraps around the V43 called the Joynux. The Joynux is a bit weird but gets the job done. There's also the USB host (full USB) and USB slave (mini USB), so you can connect a USB joypad bought from anywhere to it. psx4v43 currently supports the Joynux only but will soon support USB gamepads.
I haven't read dapreview's review of the V43, but opinions there are mixed. I really like it, but I use it for emulators more than movies / radio / MP3. When I do use it, it handles it very well though.

The V43 is a different market though, with it costing $500-$650. Getting psx4gp2x working is the goal as it's a much more cost effective solution. :)

Back