Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

Ok, due to popular demand, I fixed a compatibility issue that prevented many games from loading after Load Success. I also fixed the issue where controls wouldn't respond. This version is also very slightly faster than before.

Here's the latest version to test with:
http://www.friggingames.com/psx4gp2x_alpha3c.zip

I MUST STRESS:
You *CANNOT* switch games after loading a game! If you do, it will say Load Success but crash at a black screen right after!
Save states will most likely crash still!

I really appreciate everyones patience with testing these issues for me. :)

With alpha3b Castlevania runs at 12-14 fps VSync at 35/39 :)
Perfect Graphics ^_^
270 OC

I will try tonight with alpha3c ;)

djchk posted on Aug 26 2006 at 01:54 PM said:
Twimfy posted on Aug 26 2006 at 08:31 AM said:
Current tests...

Felony 11-79, 70 FPS in menus, 3-7 FPS ingame.

Alundra - 17 FPS ingame.

How far did you play alundra? For me it seems to stop working if I go through a door.

Yeah I get the same crash, just tried it on Alpha3C and still no change, no speed increase either, still very impressive to see though.

Last edited by a moderator:
=D Thanks for releasing the alpha!

tested at OC 250 on Beta3C default emulator config

Wipeout 2097 - 5-7fps on track race, 40fps on menu (poly models spin extremely fast!), loading may be faster than the previous public release??

Resident Evil 2 - freezes on "This game contains scenes of explicit..." screen (stats freeze also)

Tekken 3 - black screen no stats

GT2_arcade disc - freezes after intro video

Street Fighter Collection 2 - quite smooth graphical problems during fight missing control (purple lines diagonal)

Tomb Raider (1) - runs great until an attempt to enter either new game or the croft mansion at which time a black screen is shown and stats freeze

so it looks like we're slowly getting on the way. It's good to hear that ^^ I keep my fingers crossed and working hard for my next payment, so I can donate zodttd, Ressy and Squidge

Emu&Co posted on Aug 26 2006 at 03:07 AM said:
zodttd posted on Aug 26 2006 at 06:21 AM said:
I'll test it with the new version Alpha 3b.

*** UPDATED TO ALPHA 3B ***

Fixed: There was an error in the dynarec. I'm suprised Alpha 3 even worked at all on the GP2X, as it didnt work on other platforms. :p
This version might also be faster, as the bug prevented the dynarec from being "threaded together".

http://www.friggingames.com/psx4giz_alpha3b.zip

I don't know how to fix the input issue on some games such as Street Fighter Alpha 3, WCW Mayhem, and others. If you find a game that doesn't take any input from the controls at all, this is a known bug. :(

http://www.friggingames.com/psx4gp2x_alpha3b.zip

It wont help you to copy those files to GP2X, FQ22. The Gizmondo build is for the Windows Version on Giz, not for Linux. I think he meant this link

P.S.
I tried Legend of Mana. Its a bit faster in the new Alpha Version (~4 Frames) but it looks like the controls are not working o_O

Thanks for pointing that out lol.

hi, some tests with 3c

Breath Of Fire 4 PAL (BIN)
@275MHz with interlace = 0 and prog=off
opening FMV: Vsync=35-40 framerate 3-6
will not go after choosing caracter name (black screen but emu or GP2X did not crash / menu is still poping up)
commands are OK

Front mission 3 PAL (BIN)
Will not boot like in 3b

Saga frontier 2 PAL (BIN)
both screens showing squaresoft are OK
still glitches on left part during the fisrt battle
vsync = 40-50 (down at 25 during magical attacks)
framerate = 10-15
GFX are great, commands are OK

see you :lol:

WCW Mayhem works with input now but its not much of a speed increase anymore. but
i'll wait until the match starts.

EDIT: Damn its slow as hell, slower than before. ah well.

^RaZ posted on Aug 26 2006 at 06:34 PM said:
Resident Evil 2 - freezes on "This game contains scenes of explicit..." screen (stats freeze also)

No, Resident Evil 2 works. Just underclock a little with " push stick" and "Vol-" and than overclock a little with "push stick and Vol+". I thing it's a bug in the dynamic underclock feature of PSX4all. The bug doesn't appear on the Alpha 3b version.

@zodttd
Awesome release!

All my test games are running with controls and a slightly speed benefit:

-Resident Evil 2
-Tetris
-Bomberman
-Parasite Eve 1

Regards,
Stephan

Final Fantasy VII
Works fine. Performance looks the same as in the beta 2.

Resident Evil
Works fine. Performance looks the same as in the beta 2.

Metal Gear Solid
Crashes after starting a new game.

hmm... I tried FF8, I left it running for 12 minutes and it still stayed on a black screen, though the load was successful and I could still access the menu.

Its just a beta so I'm not worried about the game compatability because I'm sure it will get fixed.

Back