Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup

Cas

Hi

(Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup)

Has anybody managed to get this game running on there Pandora ?

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,26,366

I have followed the instructions on that page but to no avail.

When I type in ./bin/crawl then press enter I get this message - syntax error, unexpected CHARACTER,expecting send

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had no problems. Is your Terminal window open to the right place?

I have had no problems. Is your Terminal window open to the right place?

Hi

Well I assume so, I choose the game folder and then open terminal.

Hi

Could somebody who has this game working please post an outline of how to get this going ?

Where to place the game folder, what folder/folders to be in or have selected when doing the terminal etc.

To some this stuff comes natural to many even the simplest tasks can be a headache :blink:

more than one year I did not post here ;)

I went to the official blog but no news, so i don't know what's happen.

just read from here maybe one dude pandora will be shipped in may/june. is it the same for everyone?

i order somedays in october 2009 or 2008.

Hey, Cas.

You can put the game folder wherever you want on your card.

Then just open Thunar (or your SD card icon on desktop) and browse to the stone_soup-0.7.2 folder.

From within that folder just right-click (not on an icon) and choose 'Open Terminal Here'.

Then you can just follow the rest of the directions.

The only thing I did different than the directions was using Thunar rather than navigating in terminal. I am new to linux. For me that was just easier. Though I should get used to it. Anyway, hope that helped.

Hey, Cas.

You can put the game folder wherever you want on your card.

Then just open Thunar (or your SD card icon on desktop) and browse to the stone_soup-0.7.2 folder.

From within that folder just right-click (not on an icon) and choose 'Open Terminal Here'.

Then you can just follow the rest of the directions.

The only thing I did different than the directions was using Thunar rather than navigating in terminal. I am new to linux. For me that was just easier. Though I should get used to it. Anyway, hope that helped.

Hi

Nope no go, opened terminal from within the stone soup folder still the same error as before :(

Wish I could help more, Cas. It just worked right off the bat for me. Maybe ask in the game's thread. It looks like he will have a new version pnd'd up soon if you can wait. He's just having a few issues.

Wish I could help more, Cas. It just worked right off the bat for me. Maybe ask in the game's thread. It looks like he will have a new version pnd'd up soon if you can wait. He's just having a few issues.

Hi

Thanks for trying, and yes I read about the pnd, I will wait for that :)

I'm just here window shopping. So I might be talking a load of cobblers... ;-)

But I do play alot of Crawl on Linux. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to compile it from source. What package manager do you get with Angstom? Apt? Have a look here:

http://gitorious.org/crawl/crawl/blobs/master/crawl-ref/INSTALL.txt

Trouble with Git / build dependencies? Go here:

https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=652

Failing that can't you just SSH to either crawl.develz.org or crawl.akrasiac.org using the shell? This is the best way to play imho as you get to play Trunk and see how rubbish you are on the scoreboard. With a bit of tweaking, you can get ascii looking pretty good.

Best. Game. Evar.

Back