Release Ommpc V0.5.2

Is there a way to use multiple paths?

Or make two seperate instaneces one for my hd at home and one for my sd.

btw for sd cards it works fine (although its quite a puzzle) but didnt get it to work with my nas.

Bosbeetle said:
Is there a way to use multiple paths?

Or make two seperate instaneces one for my hd at home and one for my sd.

btw for sd cards it works fine (although its quite a puzzle) but didnt get it to work with my nas.

Not really a way to use multiple paths. You could just keep two copies of ommpc.conf with different paths setup and swap in the desired one before starting up. Would have to rescan the collection everytime you switched though without further modifications though. Two instances on different cards would work...I think you have the issue that only one PND is going to show up at a time...

Again, any specific feedback you can give me so I can help make the setup process easier. One thing I've done for the next build is you cannot save the options if you have a bad path.

As for the nas, where in the process and how is it failing? What kind of share is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
My nas was een ftp mount and It just gave a black screen after saving the paths, you mentioned something like that in the openings post.

As for the setup its pretty okay I just find ommpc in general a bit fiddly, but the 'h' key helps alot. Things I miss are stuff like pressing y on albums gives you nothing and I expected it to give a playlist sorted by album title. I miss a shuffle albums option (i miss that in most music players) because that's the way I listen to my playlist one album at a time. Also the enque option is a bit disorienting since it switches the song to the place where it will be played and you loose the nice ordered list in that way.

The rest is pretty nice, I like the big interface :)

For me the best option would be a huge audacious skin, or a better handling of files on my NAS by deadbeef.

(btw I have yet to come by a music player that really handles 30000+ files on a NAS wirelessly connected well even on my desktop, but the pandora is getting there)

Bosbeetle said:
My nas was een ftp mount and It just gave a black screen after saving the paths, you mentioned something like that in the openings post.

As for the setup its pretty okay I just find ommpc in general a bit fiddly, but the 'h' key helps alot. Things I miss are stuff like pressing y on albums gives you nothing and I expected it to give a playlist sorted by album title. I miss a shuffle albums option (i miss that in most music players) because that's the way I listen to my playlist one album at a time. Also the enque option is a bit disorienting since it switches the song to the place where it will be played and you loose the nice ordered list in that way.

The rest is pretty nice, I like the big interface :)

For me the best option would be a huge audacious skin, or a better handling of files on my NAS by deadbeef.

(btw I have yet to come by a music player that really handles 30000+ files on a NAS wirelessly connected well even on my desktop, but the pandora is getting there)

Ah I don't really go up to that level for the "folder level" addition of songs do I. I'll have to add that and the shuffle album to my ever growing to do list. I agree with the queuing, it's a hack and the only way we can get mpd to play it next is to shift it in the playlist. Never use it myself, just threw it in there on request by someone. I generally just play a random playlist and call it good.

I'm interested in why it won't work from the ftp mount though, I'll probably set one up and see if I can figure anything out about that...

Thanks for looking at it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back