Bounty for Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.10

Gyges

Still Fresh
Alex777 can't do it until his Pandora gets home, but as he says here he's willing to do the binaries. I'll pony us $30US to whoever can do a nice .pnd of the latest Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. Ideally, this version would not need a terminal window already open to work.

[EDIT] The latest version is .10, now--and I've upped to bounty to $30US.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone can produce the binaries and post them somewhere, I can make a pnd.

You won't even have to pay me for this, as the most timeconsuming task will be the compilation.

Great, let's see if we can tempt Alex777 out of hiding.

Mission accomplished.

My Pandora was apparently lost in the mail, so I won't be able to test it. I can, however, produce a binary sometime this weekend.

I've reinstalled my OS since the last version, so it took some effort to get my VM running again.

I might have something later today, if we're lucky.

My luck appears to have run out. Anyone else willing to take a crack at the binaries?

There's a new version, and I've upped the bounty. Oh, how I despair of ever getting a new Crawl... It's a shame, because the Pandora really is ideal for Roguelikes.

I'm a huge fan of roguelikes, and I must say that stone soup is my favourite out of them all that I've tried. If I knew how to port it for the Pandora I'd be willing to give it a try, but as I haven't looked into it yet I'll add a bounty of $20 (CAD) to whomever makes this dream come true.

I just got my pandora, and know nothing about programming, so I would be willing to add another $20 to the bounty as well. That makes $70 to whoever can get this working.

I got brogue working a while back but the terminal window it used required too much in the way of width/height to really be playable... and the font size necessary to get it working became unreadable :/.

Are you looking for a text or graphical version of the game? Special controls or just default to using the keyboard? Been a while since I played Stone Soup so I'm probably missing something.

I tried it but there was a problem with ncurses widecharsupport, that we don't have on the Pandora and I didn't manage to compile a recent version of ncurses with that support.

I got brogue working a while back but the terminal window it used required too much in the way of width/height to really be playable... and the font size necessary to get it working became unreadable :/.

Are you looking for a text or graphical version of the game? Special controls or just default to using the keyboard? Been a while since I played Stone Soup so I'm probably missing something.
I usually place the console version, but that is because I love the ascii graphics. So if it were the tile version, it would be fine if I could use ascii tiles.

You can always host it on your windows or mac or linux desktop and ssh in to run the console version... I got 10.3 working through my macbook this way the other day. Just had to shrink the font a little bit to have enough room for 80x25.

Back