Drmd

fitzsteve posted on Apr 18 2005 at 05:31 PM said:
I have a 166 blu tested and I also get the white screen.

Same result. Tried in both euro-firmware and wind-ups and on 2 diff smc's (one with NO dr.md data on it whatsoever, so its not config. files)

Glad to see your still screwin around with this, thanks for your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reesy posted on Apr 18 2005 at 08:08 PM said:
Hi,

I'm looking for someone with a GP32 that will NOT overclock past 132Mhz or at least has limited overclocking ability. I want to test a cpu setting the Rlyeh has found that gives really good performance at 132Mhz, on my GP32 it gives performance equal to 180Mhz.

When in the emulator set the cpu speed to 133Mhz and have the sound on. If you try to use any other speed you will find it is slower than usual this is because I've had to hack the sound core in order to get the sound correct for the new cpu setting.

Let me know here how you get on, thanks

Reesy

Sorry to ruin your joy but those things Rlyeh feed into clock speed setup functions just
select a faster clock. E.g. (132000000, 0x38001, 3) will turn GP32 to run at
around the speed of 192MHz (quickly calculated). "False" values make GP32 internal
prescalers select different values and in this case they _happen_ to be in balance thus no
nasty side effects except those you might get normally due overclocking. :blink:

twistin' your mind
smashin' (y)our dreams.
blined by me, you can't see a thing
just call my name, 'cause you'll hear me scream!
Master! Master!

:(

mr.spiv posted on Apr 18 2005 at 09:35 PM said:
Reesy posted on Apr 18 2005 at 08:08 PM said:
Hi,

I'm looking for someone with a GP32 that will NOT overclock past 132Mhz or at least has limited overclocking ability.  I want to test a cpu setting the Rlyeh has found that gives really good performance at 132Mhz, on my GP32 it gives performance equal to 180Mhz.

When in the emulator set the cpu speed to 133Mhz and have the sound on.  If you try to use any other speed you will find it is slower than usual this is because I've had to hack the sound core in order to get the sound correct for the new cpu setting.

Let me know here how you get on, thanks

Reesy

Sorry to ruin your joy but those things Rlyeh feed into clock speed setup functions just
select a faster clock. E.g. (132000000, 0x38001, 3) will turn GP32 to run at
around the speed of 192MHz (quickly calculated). "False" values make GP32 internal
prescalers select different values and in this case they _happen_ to be in balance thus no
nasty side effects except those you might get normally due overclocking. :blink:

Ahh thats bummer, thanks for clearing it up though. Everyone move along....nothing to see here ;)

these settings will be probably a strange way to set up, maybe safer, a higher clock setting on your gp32 some day.

mr_spiv says it pushes the gp32 to 192 mhz, but the thing is my gp32 cannot reach 172 mhz, so here's the fun :)

note that batteries at this setting will drain like a 192 mhz setting.
its not really any *magic code*, just a workaround for getting high frequencies on gp32s which cant (although right now its not very stable, uh? :)

Does that mean my 156mhz NLU could get a speed like it is running at 192 mhz?

Then it is still really cool work! :D

It works on my 166mhz BLU which is VERY awesome!!!!
If I were you, Reesy, I'd include it in all future versions and call it "super happy fantistic mode". :)

I've got a BLU that will only do 160Mhz, and it just causes it to crash with a white screen.

Ah well!

i cant go higher than 166mhz with this batetrys, but i can use this alternate setting, and it seems to be faster :)

Ouch, i did'nt understand each post in this topic oO

(yes, i'm french, but it can't explain everything... huh, i just woke up, maybe that's the reason :p)

Are you telling that, with some piece of magic code, we could simulate an overclocking on a GP32 who can't ? :blink:

If we can increase the clockspeed like that, and, then, the game speed, could we... for the SNES... Omg.... :blink:

Back