full speed emus

blipped4

T03
Website
none
Theoretically wouldnt it be possible to run any system thatuses below a 132mhz cpu, Maybe instead of trying to emulate the system how about creating the system?Like for example take a look at movie park or GPCinema they dont emulate divx players, Instead of emulating the system which is really for pcs how about creating say a gba or snes player?It would create 100% speed and sound levels with the the same apps as the gba or what ever system you were use, especially for back up purposes which could allow greater care!

blipped4 posted on Dec 9 2003 at 09:11 PM said:
Theoretically wouldnt it be possible to run any system thatuses below a 132mhz cpu, Maybe instead of trying to emulate the system how about creating the system?Like for example take a look at movie park or GPCinema they dont emulate divx players, Instead of emulating the system which is really for pcs how about creating say a gba or snes player?It would create 100% speed and sound levels with the the same apps as the gba or what ever system you were use, especially for back up purposes which could allow greater care!
:huh:

You just really don't understand much computers do you?

Last edited by a moderator:
DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I KNOW A FUCK LOAD MORE THAN YOU A GREW UP ON THEM I BUILD MY OWN PCS AND HAVE MYT OWN BUISNESS THANK YOU!!OBVIOUSLY YOU ALSO NEED TO DO A LITTLE GRAMMAR CHECKIN ASWELL AS BEING SO CHEEKY WHEN YOUVE JUST STARTED POSTING AND YOUR ON YOUR 25 POST!!!!!!!!!DONT GIVE ME THAT SHIT, I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE IT ALONE IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING REASONABLE TOO SAY!

blipped4 posted on Dec 9 2003 at 09:35 PM said:
DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I KNOW A FUCK LOAD MORE THAN YOU A GREW UP ON THEM I BUILD MY OWN PCS AND HAVE MYT OWN BUISNESS THANK YOU!!OBVIOUSLY YOU ALSO NEED TO DO A LITTLE GRAMMAR CHECKIN ASWELL AS BEING SO CHEEKY WHEN YOUVE JUST STARTED POSTING AND YOUR ON YOUR 25 POST!!!!!!!!!DONT GIVE ME THAT SHIT, I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE IT ALONE IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING REASONABLE TOO SAY!
Dude, u told us in another thread that u were at school. Don't go blowing off to someone else just because he said something which could actually be true. No, you could not just "create the system" unless you actually have a gba. Emulation is virtual hardware which is the closest you can get to what you are talking about. Emulators are the only thing we can play other system games on the gp32 with. I think we have another _counter etc. here.

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa whoa whoa, less aggresion please, I believe what your talking about doing is porting SNES games or whatever which requires the source code which ninty or whoever i cant see releasing. So emulators are basically the best you can hope for, and the great few who are able to work on them do theyre best im sure .

(o and building computers isnt hard, its just like lego with circuitry :p )

ok ok it was a little harsh but jusyt coz im still at school doesnt mean i cant create a buisness, i sell custom pcs with great care and affection and i cannot abide it when others try and make others look small so it really gets my back up, i wish the emulators were at full speed ant it was just a tgheory that we could try and put into perspective. :rolleyes:

You need to carm your arse down sunshine hes been a member longer than you :D

haha, man! THat is actually the most stupid thing i have ever heard. Ok, almost. Someone really compares a Media Player with an emulator. LoL. Sorry, regardless of your posting count or the times you build computers (wow! only a few ppl on the whole world can do that) - fucking painfully question. Almost as brainless as the Zodiac runs Gamecube or something ;)

Well, you have no idea how emulators work, but its a good question and why not make this thread useful? :p

ie:

Theres many classes of emulators..

1) Emulating the system on a foreign system (ie: You emulate a Z80 processor on your GP32). All gP32 emus fall into this category.

2) Emulating a system on a like system (ie: Emulating an x86 on an x86 can be done as in (1), but you can also do some evil tricks tomake your native hardware do some of the emulation for you.. fast, but difficult). Theres none of this on the GP32 at all.

3) Dynamic recompilation -- Read the foreign code, and make a new application that does the exact same thing, natively; this can be nice and fast, but of course, dynamic recompilation itself is very slow usually, and is extremely difficult to do well. I doubt theres any of this on the GP32 at all.

So someone coudl go and do (3) say, and get some speedups, but its a sheer hella amount of work.

Its easier to just do (1), or do a port if you can :p

jeff

this really is a ridiculous idea. A snes player!!! quick call Rlyeh and tell him hes wasting his time creating all those emulators, and all he needs to do is make a SNES player! :lol:

sorry, but it is funny. lol. :lol:

whereas (2) is the HLE thing, or JIT, right ? (to make it somemore usefull)

Looks like you're the one who needs to check his grammar. Also, just because you can build a PC doesn't mean you know anything about software or the actual hardware itself, which is apparent in this case. You can't just "play back" a rom, it doesn't have frames like a movie does. Its a file full of instructions that do hundreds of different things, and each instruction has to be read and delt with in a different way, thus why emulators are usually rather slow. (yes, that was explained in a very basic way ;) )

On a side note, I love how these 13 year olds (seems that way, atleast) flare up and write everything in caps when someone challenges them. Always good for a laugh. :lol:

Well, you may certainly know how to build a computer, but you certainly do not know how computers work. Before you can even think about emulation, you need to know exactly how the computer your emulating (or whatever) works. It is quite easy for a system with a lower processor speed than the GP32's 133Mhz to be able to be twice as fast as the GP32.

Now, go away and read some computer hardware and architecture books before you embarass and make yourself look a fool again.

This just show how good this community is, because if this was any other board blipped4 would have been flamed to hell and back for such an attitude.

No of course its not a threat, i just thought how this board is meant to be so welcoming and helpfull and i post a simple idea and then i get flamed so im not carrying on with this subject

You cannot do just a "player", because the systems you are emulating have features which the gp32 doesn't. For example a graphics and sound processor on the amiga. Nothing like it exists on the GP32, hence we have to trick the processor into thinking it is actually both a sound chip and a graphics chip and do all the calculations for it. This is awfully slow and what emulation is all about.

What I think you are trying to say is possible to a certain degree. For example a gb emulator on a gbc system, since it already has all the required components (disregarding the fact that a gbc system already plays gb games, of course) or sms games on a gg. It is not valid on the gp32 though, unless you want to emulate a pocket pc with just an arm7 processor (or is it arm9?)

Back