Drmd

that could explain why my gp32_console doesn`t work with beta7, i haven`t used the pencil trick on my gp32_console .

Bad news for me I'm afraid - I was playing Shinobi 3 with Beta 7 and it locked up after about 15 minutes. I then turned my GP off then on and played Sonic 3 and it locked up after about 5 minutes. I guess I can't use this new overclock properly either, which makes me very sad indeed.:(

Ok, sounds like I should do more testing. I tried the pencil mod, screwed everything up and managed to get my GP32 working again having replaced the R53 resistor.

Still, my GP32 was overclockable to 166MHz both before and after I played around with it.

Well after like 2 hours of fiddling I finally got just the right amount of lead back on the resistors to allow me to OC more than the regular 164mhz that my GP usually goes to.

The upside is now I can OC even a little farther :) to 192mhz stably... not a big increase but whatever I'm happy I got it working at any rate.

And yeah, now Beta 7 works fine for me again.

For what's that's worth....

bast525 posted on Apr 26 2005 at 08:37 AM said:
Reesy - sorry to be a pest really I am... about what I PM'ed you about, that graphics bug in Gunstar Heroes? now that I know for sure it's not a cyclone bug, by any chance have you had the chance to take a look at it?

No I'm bored of DrMD and I'm spending most of my time on DrSMS. I'll see what I can do with DrMD the next time I look at the source but it won't be for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy Lee posted on Apr 26 2005 at 10:17 AM said:
Bad news for me I'm afraid - I was playing Shinobi 3 with Beta 7 and it locked up after about 15 minutes. I then turned my GP off then on and played Sonic 3 and it locked up after about 5 minutes. I guess I can't use this new overclock properly either, which makes me very sad indeed.:(

can be make sure u have 100% fresh battieres , or better Power supply :)

Reesy posted on Apr 26 2005 at 12:30 PM said:
No I'm bored of DrMD and I'm spending most of my time on DrSMS.

This is fantastic news to me. The Master System was the machine that got me back into video-gaiming after a miss-spent youth on Spectrum games and then abandoning video games altogether for Indie Pop.

Reesy - well for that being a no, I couldn't have hoped for a better way for you to say it :) I'll trade that Gunstar Heroes bug for DrSMS gladly :) but thanks for hearing me out anyways I'm glad to know you will look at it some day.

I also had problems with this hacked Beta 7 locking up after a period of time and found that I still wasn't getting enough voltage to OC past 164mhz for very long...

Billy Lee posted on Apr 26 2005 at 07:47 PM said:

Hey at least you get 5 minutes, mine locks up after like just 2 seconds.

@Reesy: here's to DrSMS man. Donation time might come again soon :)

166mhz FLU - Crashes when trying to boot up (Usually before splash screen). Tried changing the settings in V2.0 to 16500hz and 133mhz, but that didn't do anything.

166 Mhz BLU here, I get a white screen :)

(BTW, I dream of playing ThunderForce IV one day, did anyone manage to get it work ? :)

THANKS FOR YOUR AMAZING WORK... Donation incoming (as soon as my bank account gets to a reasonable level again ;)

(BTW, I dream of playing ThunderForce IV one day, did anyone manage to get it work ? :)

THANKS FOR YOUR AMAZING WORK... Donation incoming (as soon as my bank account gets to a reasonable level again ;)

Thunderforce 3 works flawlessly and apart from level design and music they are pretty much identical. Although i also would love to see thunderforce 4 working on DrMD, But number 3 is a very good substitute.

Trooper

Thunderforce 3 works flawlessly and apart from level design and music they are pretty much identical. Although i also would love to see thunderforce 4 working on DrMD, But number 3 is a very good substitute.

Trooper

the 4th one uses multidirectional paralax scrolling and must have been a real push for the megadrive in it's day. It truelly was an amazing system.

Let's hope that reesy can one day replicate the SVP chip so we can play Virtua Racing!!

Trooper

the 4th one uses multidirectional paralax scrolling and must have been a real push for the megadrive in it's day. It truelly was an amazing system.

Let's hope that reesy can one day replicate the SVP chip so we can play Virtua Racing!!

Haha that's asking a bit too much, ain't it? :p Not that we'd be sad about such achievement :p

As far as I know the SVP chip is undocumented, so theres no chance I'll be able to add support for it. If you find any documentation sling it my way and I'll see what I can do.

weee virtua racing :p that was good !
by the way Reesy, in Light Crusader, I have a problem of sprite priorities.. but I have searched this forum, and others seem to play this game well..... Is there a dump which work anf another which doesn't?
thanks!

Oooh, and btw Beyond Oasis doesn't work. And obviously neither does Shining force 1and2. Annnnd, i odnt think this is what you're looking for so far as SVP documentation: and i only glanced at it (because like i said, i dont know what your looking for-plus you've prolly already seen it)-but check this out: SVP info?

Beyond Oasis works very well ;) (and extremely fast wow :) :) my favorite genesis game) Only one sprite priority error (Ali/doors)

Back