GP32 Scummvm

satanas

Still Fresh
I recently bought myself a GP32 mainly so that I could play all my old lucasarts favorites again and this time on the buss or the train.

To my horror I discovered that I couldn't play some of the games in their full glory.
The games with speech is unplayable at the moment unless you skip the speech or sound that is. Will it ever be possible to play the games with full speech and sound? Or is the GP32 just to weak?
Maybe I did something wrong. I compressed the MONSTER.SOU into a MONSTER.SOG file and uploaded it together with the .000 and .001 files. This is what you are supposed to do right?

I have also tried to edit the scummvm.fxe file with an hex editor to overclock my GP32, I changed the CPU Speed (0029DE07) and the CPU Parameters (11A00300) to "00688909" and "11800400". This should overclock the GP32 from 132Mhz to 160Mhz but still no luck I have the same problem with the jerky sound.

Any suggestions? Oh and by the way I'm in no aspect a coder so don't expect me to understand a lot of technical mumbo jumbo ;)

Thanks in advance.

Yes, overclocking DJW's Scumm for use with ogg doesn't help much still slows down everytime it loads a sound. But Loom (cd version) works good with ogg and so does monkey island (cd version). The others wil eventually be playable, he's just got to work on the code more. But if you want to play sam and max without talk/ music then overclocking will increase the cursor speed.

Dont worry, full working scumm is just matter of time. We need just to be a little patient. As it was said you can play Loom and Monkey Island in the meantime (talkies version). They work perfectly.

When you say it's just a matter of time what kind of time aspect are we looking at? a month, a year?

There isn't a talkies version of monkey island 1 or 2 is there? or did you just mean loom? Does anyone know if the talkie versions of The dig & Full throttle is working with any of the current versions of scumm?

satanas posted on Apr 4 2004 at 03:24 PM said:
When you say it's just a matter of time what kind of time aspect are we looking at? a month, a year?
How are people supposed to know that? DJWillis does scummvm in his spare time, and who knows how much sparetime he'll have in a week, a month, a year?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, basically, am I the only one who's playing DoTT at full speed? I have NO problems whatsoever with jerky sound or anything. I didn't change anything to OGG though, that might be it...

Yeah, if you use the disk version of Dott you can fit it on a smc without reencoding you get un skippy music and some talking but it's very limited. I'd suggest going this way. Everything in the gp32 scene is free so it progresses at it's own pace, when the developers have free time, just enjoy what's out now and know there will be even better in the future.

Also, if you search the boards you'll find somebody found a way to get the dig onto the gamepark without movies and without sound though. I tried full Throttle but there is no way to fit it on a smc (that I have discovered)

Back