Drmd - Genesis Emulator

R

Reesy

Hi,

Here is a link to my Genesis emulator, its still in the very early stages of development but you can now play games on it so I thought I'd release a version so you can see how its progressing.

I'll still haven't been able to get hold of Rob Brown so this version has not got the amazing FM sound core from Fgen. But instead just to give you an idea, I've used the sound core from Gigadrive. DrMD also has PSG support.

You may recognise the rom menu screen, thats because I've nicked it from Gigadrive as well ( Thanks Dave, you da man ). I will hopefully rewrite the rom loader and add some menus but at the moment I concentrating on the emulators compatibilty.

You'll find 3 versions in the zip file, they are all clocked at different speeds 133,156 and 166.

The main addition to this genesis emulator is my Z80 core ( DrZ80 ), so you should notice more sound in games. I've noticed that the sound is quite slow in games at the moment ( sonic 2 for instance ) I think its to do with interupts, but hey its early days.

Anyway enjoy

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/reesy/DrMD.zip

See ya

Reesy

P.S Obviously the file is hosted at angelfire at the moment, so the bandwidth will run out quickly. So if some kind person could mirror the file, that would be great.

Uploaded to our server. Link below
-hando-

I'm going to help Ryleh add DrZ80 to his emulator when I get my sticky hands on the source code that is. He's going to send it to me when he gets his broadband sorted out.

No there's no save states at the moment. I'll add them later when I write a menu system and add zipped rom support. I hate writing menus and stuff because they're sooo boring. ;)

ladies and gentlemen i do believe the calm before the storm has just ended!!!!!!!

im a getting a new SMC for the new wave of superb stuff on the way

Hello Reesy!

Sorry to hear that you have not contacted Rob yet.
I have got no news from him lately too.

I take the decission by my own, since Rob is missing.
I'm writing you a mail with the fGEN32 source code, where you'll find the excellent FM MAME core modified by Rob.

I hope we our two emulators will walk together to a common goal by helping us each other :)

Greetings and congratulations for your new emulator :)
Keep in touch!

rlyeh posted on Oct 15 2004 at 12:07 AM said:
Hello Reesy!

Sorry to hear that you have not contacted Rob yet.
I have got no news from him lately too.

I take the decission by my own, since Rob is missing.
I'm writing you a mail with the fGEN32 source code, where you'll find the excellent FM MAME core modified by Rob.

I hope we our two emulators will walk together to a common goal by helping us each other :)

Greetings and congratulations for your new emulator :)
Keep in touch!

Now, THAT sounds like a good day for Genesis emulators :)
Thanks a lot, you two :)

Last edited:
Back