Drmd - Genesis Emulator

I really like shoot-em-ups, and the Genesis is full of nice games. I tried so far:
MUSHA / Aleste - Runs really good, with sound. Very, very playable (yeees!!!)
Darius 2 - Plays great. Very fast music though.
Raiden Trad - Video is weird, but plays fine. Fast music.
Thunderforce 4: Does not start
V-Five: Does not start
Viewpoint: Video a little weird, but runs great. Music on "normal tempo" too.

I also tried:
Super Bubble Bobble: Intro screen shows trees and clouds moving, and that's it.

Great job Reesy!

EvilDragon posted on Oct 15 2004 at 01:42 PM said:
BTW: It doesn't change the region settings - PAL roms don't work.

yup, but besides that i love it. it runs very smooth and has actually (beta ;) ) sound in every game i've tried so far :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Antiriad posted on Oct 15 2004 at 09:42 AM said:
Reeeesy! Great work man! If only all GBA coders (*cough* The HiVe *cough*) were as generous to the GP32 as you are.

You really are a star :)

As usual, if you want a icon and splash screen for this - lemme know!

Yeah it would be great. It seems though that If theHiVe ever did another thing on the GP32 it would surely be a sign of the apocalypse ;) The below thread shows how much he "likes" the GP32 . It seems GBA coders really love the GBA for some reason, they don't seem to stray from it very often.

http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.ph...pic=16803&st=15

hiya reesy, damn good work :)

yeah its a bit sad to see rlyeh still not having guru status just like many other great gp32 coders and yes, reesy should have it, too!

Hi,

I've fixed the screen problem. The screen is now centred and cropped when in 32 tile mode. I'll have a look at the player 2 control problem in a bit ( too busy playing PGA at the moment ;) ).

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Later

Reesy

Hi reesy congrats on the emulator. slight problem how do u get it to work when i load it up it goes to a black screen then resetts the gp32 when i press select what am i doing wrong

First what version are you using ie 133, 156 or 166. If your using the 166 version can your GP32 overclock to that speed?

Second, have you created the GPMM/GENESIS directory on your smc?

DaveC posted on Oct 15 2004 at 05:49 PM said:
Yeah it would be great. It seems though that If theHiVe ever did another thing on the GP32 it would surely be a sign of the apocalypse ;) The below thread shows how much he "likes" the GP32 . It seems GBA coders really love the GBA for some reason, they don't seem to stray from it very often.

http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.ph...pic=16803&st=15

Funnily enough I was reading that thread only yesterday (by accident when i was looking up DrMD on Google) - hence why I felt the need to highlight the issue. It would be nice to see him and Flubba be less platform partisan - if not port it themselves let someone else do it. He said ZXAdvance flew on the GP32 too - most annoying! Ah well its their perogative and right.

I found your canvassing and defending of the GP32 inspite of the hostility was most admirable - keep it up!

Player 2 controls are now fixed.

Sonic 3 now works, it was setting the Z80 stack pointer to 0x2000 which I had coded as an invalid operation but it actually would work okay.

Anybody used DrMD on a BLU yet? Does it look good?

Reesy posted on Oct 15 2004 at 09:14 PM said:
Player 2 controls are now fixed.

Sonic 3 now works, it was setting the Z80 stack pointer to 0x2000 which I had coded as an invalid operation but it actually would work okay.

Anybody used DrMD on a BLU yet? Does it look good?

I have ... Sonic 1 looks perfect! Amazing Beta man .... thank you again :D

Just got some batteries in my BLU for the first time for a while, and tested this on Sonic 2 on a BLU and it looks (and sounds!) amazing. Version "0.000" really doesn't do this credit.

Thanks a lot.

aapje89 posted on Oct 15 2004 at 07:45 PM said:
Is the overclocking configurable?
If not at what speed does it run?(mine only goes to 150mhz)

In the archive are different versions (133, 150 and 166), so you're lucky :)

Last edited:
Wow - just realised this runs Hard Wired! And runs it really well too - check it out, there is a free demo version of it online.

The video footage runs really smooth and the rotation in game is perfect, looks amazing on the GP32 especially considering its emulating that video and rotation!

-Craig

www.gbax.com

This is utterly amazing! Really awesome work reesy. Thank you SO much!!! :D :D

Award Guru Status!

Yo Reesy,

Good work on the emu, man. I haven't tried it, but I've been following this thread. If you'd like, I'd be glad to help you. I have just got wonderboi a sourceforge page, and my code is pretty portable, as far as the interface, etc goes.

If you want to look at it, it's at sourceforge.net.

Sometime, I'll have to make a newer webpage, cause the current one sucks.

Oooooh yeah rattboi to join tha club top stuff :D

BTW Reesy are you going to fix the last few problems of cyclone or just leave it how it is? Also voice is disabled right? because I can't hear any voice samples from streets of rage etc.

Finally everyone try Michael Jacksons Moonwalker. Works best of all sound and speed wise on 133mhz. If every game ran like this :D

Back