Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Well you know its all about whether or not the floating points conflict with the opengles drivers or the SOC is compatible with the main cpu or neon sub-categorises with the gpu or vise-versa. Or using the main memory with or without a swap to defer a crash frame by frame by offloading the inputs to a subscript allocated on the nand  or preferably some external space. Or something like that..

Well you know its all about whether or not the floating points conflict with the opengles drivers or the SOC is compatible with the main cpu or neon sub-categorises with the gpu or vise-versa. Or using the main memory with or without a swap to defer a crash frame by frame by offloading the inputs to a subscript allocated on the nand  or preferably some external space. Or something like that..

Not quite...   there's nothing impressive about spouting nonsense.  Anyone can do that.  See it's not about the use of jargon, its the fact that most of what Exophase has to say can be quite educational if you are paying attention and are willing to work through the more technical aspects.

- Neelix

So did you think this was a clever comment or did you just want to showcase your ignorance?

Do I smell troll?

I was totally joking (and actually being self deprecating) , I meant to be funny but I'm glad Exophase understood, see he really is a smart guy!!

Playing Ghost Trick thanks to him..

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so confused by that post, no wonder people get upset.  :)

It's kinda ironic how Exo is the first one pointing out that's a joke. 

No offense mate, but you seems terribly optimistic today. 

Did some alien parasitic abominations take over your body? :eek:

Maybe it's time for monstercameron or Grench to open up a few more troll threads about how p2 should have 8 explosive hydrogen fuel cells, and should have a dedicated graphics card. :ph34r:

Astonoshing speed improvements, even on my CCPandora! Thanks Exophase, this is so impressive!

Is there a new compability sheet or should we just post everything here? I've got quite some bugs to report ;)

Chrono Trigger working perfectly now! It's even better than on NDS as you can speed up long parts!

Thank you very much Exophase!

I wonder, is it possible for user mode applications such as DraStic to detect closing the Pandora? It would be cool if that was emulated just like closing the DS (low power mode included), especially since there are a few games that actually use the clamshell closing as part of gameplay (e.g. solving a puzzle in Zelda) or to play a sound (Super Mario 64 DS).

I wonder, is it possible for user mode applications such as DraStic to detect closing the Pandora? It would be cool if that was emulated just like closing the DS (low power mode included), especially since there are a few games that actually use the clamshell closing as part of gameplay (e.g. solving a puzzle in Zelda) or to play a sound (Super Mario 64 DS).
Whether it is or not I have to at least add some way to communicate this >_> I think closing the Pandora lid may screw up other things so maybe not a good idea.

Astonoshing speed improvements, even on my CCPandora! Thanks Exophase, this is so impressive!

Is there a new compability sheet or should we just post everything here? I've got quite some bugs to report ;)
There's a fresh sheet here, just waiting to be populated.  (Thanks Linux-SWAT)

Remember to be grab the full title and Game ID by pressing (Y) to cycle through them in the ROM list.  That will make it a lot easier for us to identify exactly which game (and which version of the game) is being referred to.

- Neelix

Whether it is or not I have to at least add some way to communicate this >_> I think closing the Pandora lid may screw up other things so maybe not a good idea.
Closing the Pandora lid calls "/usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh 1 lid", which can do several things depending on config - I think the default is to disable the screen, which should be no problem I think. Of course if it's set to suspend, then you can't hope to be able to do anything in DraStic since you will have to wait until it resumed. You can check /tmp/powerstate to find out if the lid is closed. Just checking that file two times per second or so should be enough, the overhead should be small since /tmp is in RAM.

I'd make it so that by default, you check that file to figure out if the Pandora lid is closed, and communicate that to the game. You could make an option to disable this default behavior. There could also be a keyboard button to fake lid close/open actions.

Apparently it's also a standard /dev/input event you can read in gpio-keys (thanks to Cloudef for the def), so I don't think I'll have to poll anything. Should be trivial to implement. Just need something else for the non-Pandora users.

Yeah, or just cover the front facing camera. With their forehead...

Apparently it's also a standard /dev/input event you can read in gpio-keys (thanks to Cloudef for the def), so I don't think I'll have to poll anything. Should be trivial to implement. Just need something else for the non-Pandora users.
If you want controls for a Phone an optional onscreen button would be the best solution.

Back