Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Found a game that became worse.

Spyro shadow Legacy.

Play it and you will understand.

Can't describe it but graphics are badly broken.

Any chance for configurable buttons? (optimally on a per-game basis). Obviously the game buttons are mostly fine, but personally I would like to relocate the switch screen buttons and the menu button (space, which I hit per accident occasionally). As in gpsp, turbo buttons would also be ace :)

Just wondering, Is it possible to have the option for the touch screen to be active on the non touch screen portion as well, especially when playing single screen? It would be handy for playing fps's where you need to touch the screen to look around.

Any chance for configurable buttons? (optimally on a per-game basis). Obviously the game buttons are mostly fine, but personally I would like to relocate the switch screen buttons and the menu button (space, which I hit per accident occasionally). As in gpsp, turbo buttons would also be ace :)
There is already a Fast forward mode.  It can be toggled with F. (or from the Options menu)

- Neelix

There is already a Fast forward mode.  It can be toggled with F. (or from the Options menu)

- Neelix
Yeah, well, fast forward has nothing to do with turbo buttons. Fast forward makes the game go faster, turbo buttons let the emulator repeatedly press a game button while the person is just holding it down. Great for skipping text in games like Pokemon, shooting where there is no automatic fire mode usually in shooting games, etc.

Just wondering, Is it possible to have the option for the touch screen to be active on the non touch screen portion as well, especially when playing single screen? It would be handy for playing fps's where you need to touch the screen to look around.
The touchscreen doesn't report relative motions to the game, it reports where you pressed on the screen in absolute position. I could wrap the touch coordinates instead of clamping them but I'm concerned about unintentional results that could cause. Maybe I could make that a configurable option.

I think he means that when only the top screen is displayed, touching it would act as if you were touching the bottom screen.

I think he means that when only the top screen is displayed, touching it would act as if you were touching the bottom screen.
That's what a wrapping option would do (well, sort of, depending on the configuration really.. but maybe that's what I should have meant instead)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I added the option to mirror touchscreen input to the other screen. If you touch the screen and it's outside of the touch area it'll try fitting it to the other screen. If it's outside of that touch area too it'll wrap to it. Option defaults to off. In my very limited testing I found scenarios where both settings would be useful - for instance, in Zelda: Phantom Hourglass if you're dragging to move you'd probably prefer that dragging onto the other screen kept moving you towards that edge, so you wouldn't want mirroring on or you'd end up moving in the other direction.

Custom configuration is going to take quite a bit more work and isn't much of a priority vs many other things I'm working on, sorry.

Okay, I added the option to mirror touchscreen input to the other screen. If you touch the screen and it's outside of the touch area it'll try fitting it to the other screen. If it's outside of that touch area too it'll wrap to it. Option defaults to off.

Custom configuration is going to take quite a bit more work and isn't much of a priority vs many other things I'm working on, sorry.
Holy crap,  thanks Exophase, cant wait to try this on 007 and Splinter cell .  Do we have to wait till the next release to get this feature?

Oh, Also the call of duty games  , 007 bloodstone and Brothers in arms used to run in the previous version of drastic but no longer load at all in this version. I'm not Criticising , just letting you know...

Patient boy!   :p  Exophase is one-man army!  :D
Come on man I've given the guy over a day, how long does it take to build a DS emulator?  :D

No seriously  though I thought he meant he added the new feature and was maybe gonna release it right away but I get it, he just added it to the build already and it would be part of the next release whenever that happens. Actually the 2x1 feature works well enough for me  but the added touch feature would be handier yet.

I have a suggestion: I think for games like Trackmania or Burnout it would be nice to maximize the main screen and have the second screen in the top right (or left) corner. In these games the other screen just displays laptimes or trackmap. I usually play those in fullscreen mode, but sometimes it would be nice to still have the additional info in the corner without loosing precious screen-size :)

For me it would be ideal if one could optionally switch between this and you other preferred mode instead of switching to "full-fullscreen". I guess there are more games where the second screen is just a status display most of the time?

Just an idea though, not sure if the space left is too small in the end? Or if it's feasible at all.

That's what the existing  1x:2x and 2x:1x display modes are for. :)
I am thinking of an additional mode to those, where the main screen is maximized (i.e. really filling the screen in the vertical direction). Like a 2.5x:0.5 mode (or whatever scaling factor fullscreen has).

I am thinking of an additional mode to those, where the main screen is maximized (i.e. really filling the screen in the vertical direction). Like a 2.5x:0.5 mode (or whatever scaling factor fullscreen has).
Can't be done in hardware because there's only one scaler, meaning that if different scale ratios are used one of them has to be 1x. Could be done in software but I don't really want to add features that take more processing time. The difference between 2x and 2.5x is really not very large.

Plus, <1x scale for the "minor" screen would result in a loss of detail/readability. I guess an ~2.1x/1x might work for filling the width of the screen, but that might not be worth the trouble.

Edit: Something I might be more interested in is a 1.5x/1x vertical mode, preserving the DS screen layout while still giving one screen more priority. Bonus points if a button switches which one is scaled up (while keeping their relative positions intact)

I agree, 1.5x:1x and 1x:1.5x modes are more interesting, will try to look into that later.

Back