Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Really hope to see it soon on Android, maybe you could release a donate version like PPSSPP did on the Google Play Store.

Can't wait to play some Nanostray with the awesome sound output of the Pandora !

Just uploaded v2.0p to the repo. The changes are in the readme. The big one is that the 3D renderer and geometry engine are much faster than the previous version. There's still more optimization work to be done, but this is probably the biggest shift you'll see in a version release.

My 1GHz Pandora arrived today, and I was surprised to find that all of my test set that used 3D was 12% faster at the same clock speed (900MHz on 1GHz unit vs 900MHz on my original CC unit). Overclocking that to 1.15GHz made an even bigger difference. So for people using CC or Rebirth units, all I can really say is that there's a lot of extra potential to be had in upgrading to a 1GHz if you're willing to take the plunge.

Since this version changes a lot of code it may be best to start the compatibility list over again, archiving the old one. Since this is an x.0.0 release consider it more experimental and potentially more broken. It's my intention to focus again on compatibility fixes and features until the next major revision (3.0.0), like I did last time.

Following Games now work at 95-100% speed.

Castlevania OoE now also starts.

Didn't start before because of wifi trouble.

New Super Mario Bros,

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin

Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy 4

EDIT:

All on a raw, not overclocked Giga Pandora

EDIT2:

Also Full speed

Mario Kart

Lego Star Wars 2 also doesn't crash any more when entering a level.

Here the round bricks are black instead of silver.

Also it's not that fluid as the other games.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Thanks a lot for this update!

Trackmania DS working almost perfect now! A slight slowdown when having all 3 medal-cars separating after the start, but otherwise full speed. Fantastic!

Cars Mater-National Championship has a graphical glitch, the car is completely dark. Speed is also good though.

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 is also full speed now as far as I can tell.

These are just quick tests on my 1 GHz Pandora, no overclocking.

Original cc unit, 600 mhz overcooked at 800.

Oh my god! The difference is like night and day! New Super Mario Bros overworld is significantly faster, close to full speed with a tiny amount of stutter. Well done! Now to get crazy and try the 3d final fantasy games.

Never thought DS would be remotely possible outside of a few titles, but this has got me excited just after testing this one game.

Animal Crossing full speed on my CC Pandora. However, occasionally (not reproducible with any reliability) selecting "Load new game" from the main menu causes a total lockup of the Pandora, requiring a hard-reset to recover.

D.

Just tried Advanced wars: days of ruin. It ruin beautifully on 900mhz on my cc pandora. 

This is another miracle you pulled off, Exo. 

Congratulations Exophase, just had a quick play of NSMB on my cc Pandora and the performance boost is highly noticeable.

Really shows off the power of the Pandora. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back