Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

I know it is for debugging purposes, but you still cannot post links to copyrighted roms in this forum. The checksum should be enough to verify whether your dump is valid or not.

I haven't had a chance to play through the IR yet,  but I have confirmed it's a clean dump.  

Please only include the checksum or md5sum of the ROM in future, not the ROM itself.

One other thing comes to mind though,  What kind of pandora are you using and what speed and OPP are you running it at?   DraStic utilises NEON, which tends to less stable at the higher overclock speeds,  in which case it could just be a matter of reducing your speed.

- Neelix

I know it is for debugging purposes, but you still cannot post links to copyrighted roms in this forum. The checksum should be enough to verify whether your dump is valid or not.
right! my bad.

thanks for taking care of that.

I haven't had a chance to play through the IR yet,  but I have confirmed it's a clean dump.  

Please only include the checksum or md5sum of the ROM in future, not the ROM itself.

One other thing comes to mind though,  What kind of pandora are you using and what speed and OPP are you running it at?   DraStic utilises NEON, which tends to less stable at the higher overclock speeds,  in which case it could just be a matter of reducing your speed.

- Neelix
im a proud owner of one of the first 1 ghz pandoras. it runs @ 800 mhz on opp5

right! my bad.

thanks for taking care of that.

>I haven't had a chance to play through the IR yet,  but I have confirmed it's a clean dump.  

- Neelix
im a proud owner of one of the first 1 ghz pandoras. it runs @ 800 mhz on opp5
You have a 1ghz pandora that isn't stable at 1ghz @ any opp? 

1ghz doesn't do opp5 anyway only goes up to 4 so are you sure it's 1ghz?

Last edited by a moderator:
DraStic utilises NEON, which tends to less stable at the higher overclock speeds,  in which case it could just be a matter of reducing your speed.
Really ?!  :blink: Then I've always been lucky when I played at 1 Ghz on my Rebirth ? The sound is just perfect at that speed

You have a 1ghz pandora that isn't stable at 1ghz @ any opp?
i never said that. i just choose it to run underclocked.

my baby is stable up to 1.2 ghz. maybe even more, didnt test that.

1ghz doesn't do opp5 anyway only goes up to 4 so are you sure it's 1ghz?
well it's quite strange then, that the cpu settings app would set max opp to 5 using the 1 ghz profile.

actually i have no idea what opp level its running at. cpu_opp_max is set to 5, so i just assumed it would run at opp 5.

oh and i was wondering for a while now:

how come the output of /proc/cpuinfo is so limited?

This may sound odd,   but could you try running it at 1Ghz and see if it still crashes?   This is the second time I've seen reports of crashes on an underclocked 1GHz unit,  that no-one else seems to be able to replicate.

- Neelix

using the cpu settings app ive changed it all back to the 1 ghz (not 1.1 ghz) opp5 profile.

its weird tho: cpu_opp_max is set to 4 now (ive manually set it to 3 before, so that setting must come from the cpu settings app. op_cpusettings.sh, however, should set it to 5... strange)

cpu.conf is still set to max opp 5

is there any way to read the currently used opp level (instead of the allowed max)?

as i do understand theres a mhz/voltage/opp table built into the kernel (defining opp levels). does that table somehow differ from what texas instruments had in mind?

so my pandora is running at 1 ghz on opp 4 or 5 now (cant really tell) and drastic still keeps freezing :(

The 1ghz chips has only 4 opp level, it's a secret of TI why opp 5 was removed in the chip update.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I got the impression that though the DM3730 was designed as a drop in replacement for the OMAP 3530,  It was wasn't an 'update' of an earlier design,  but a new design with similar specifications. 

That being the case then it was never a matter of 'removing' OPP 5...  it was just never part of the design in the first place.

- Neelix

Welcome!

Yes. Basically: More speed allows more games to be played at a close-to-expected speed. A 1Ghz pandora will allow some more games to work in a good way.

I don't think it is a very significant difference, though (is it?).

Sounds cool to me :)

If i just have the money... <_<

I think i will buy the rebirth edition.

This is my favourit emulator.

I don't think it is a very significant difference, though (is it?).
It can be. Definitely if you're comparing stock vs stock (600MHz vs 1GHz). The more relevant comparison is probably something like 900MHz vs 1.1GHz though, and that's less pronounced.

Nope. Unzipped games don't get loaded into memory. For everything else 256MB is plenty.

Back