DragonBox Coding Competition: Logo needed :)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I know we've got some talented graphic artists here.

Would anyone like to help me create the official DragonBox Coding Competition Logo? :)

Is it a logo contest ?

Does the logo has to be open source ?

Does the logo creation tool has to be open source ?

:D .

Maybe I'll try to whip something up!

EDIT: ED, Is there a higher res version of the Dragonbox logo other than what's on the site?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brotasmo,

I created the DB-Logo. If ED gives the OK I can upload a full vector set (EPS, AI...) that you can use, although I mailed ED a Zip file with different formats of the logo a few months ago... don't know if he received it ever. I remember a massive email backlog.

Hi Brotasmo,

I created the DB-Logo. If ED gives the OK I can upload a full vector set (EPS, AI...) that you can use, although I mailed ED a Zip file with different formats of the logo a few months ago... don't know if he received it ever. I remember a massive email backlog.

Sure, please upload it.

I'll also upload my dragon :)

Here is a ZIP-file... SVG is also included. BTW: there 2 slightly different versions. Just compare the "S".

DRAGONBOX.zip

Attachments

• DRAGONBOX.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 159
Here's what I managed to pull together in my spare time. Any suggestions? Do you need it to be smaller or arranged a little differently?

http://imgur.com/a/lV0cM#BaRCB

The high resolution one looks funky on imgur, but if you view or download either image at their native resolution, you'll see the transparency. 

EDIT: Fixed Typo and added transparency

Besides the "compotition", it's probably also best to have something with a transparent background, so it fits any kind of background (not just plain white backgrounds, which will be quite rare). And it needs to be WAY smaller, remember the Pandora screen is 800x480 and only a fraction of that is supposed to be the compo logo, so 3430x1842 is really way over the top. Aim for something like 400x120 or so instead.

Oh! Duh! That's embarrassing! It was getting pretty late when I finished. I'll revise.

Added one at 400x120 as per suggestion. ^^^ Let me know what you guys think!

Doesn't look that good with the remaining white pixels around the dragonbox logo on the black background.

Edit: I would make it like a button with a background but with rounded edges.

Edit: I would make it like a button with a background but with rounded edges.
Like so? (or would be If I dug out the .xcf and removed the background)

ithic_logo2.png

The pixels seem to be a problem with imgur. It looks fine in GIMP.

Back