DragonBox Coding Competition: Logo needed :)

Or like that:

dragonbox-badtry2.png

Waaaah my eyes! Do you really think this looks better? The number one rule of design is: less is more! This is just too much and it will bind the focus to "dragon" and "2012/13" which i think isn't good because (1) you should read the text in sequence and (2) "dragon box" and "coding competition 2012/13" are two seperate word combinations, so they also should visually be seperated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, i'm not a graphist ^^.

So let's keep it like it was.

That really looks neat, awesome :)

Would it be possible to also get smaller versions (for credit screens or to put it into signatures? :) )

Ok it's "tomorrow" now :D Here the flaming dragon with gothic font:

dragonboxlogosmallnew8_zpsc2843d59.png

With the brown/grey contrast i think this looks more consistant than the red/yellow contrast on the above version. Is the "coding competition" text size ok or should i make it smaller? What do you think?
I really like the last one from crosspoint and would leave it that way.

Looks a bit like an advertising for a metalfestival and that is a good thing. *g*

PS: Quote, multiquote and posting in general do not work with BPanda anymore. :(

This looks great! No need to scale it down, I'm going to use this as a full-screen splash screen in Microbes.

(Edit: a scaled down version would still be useful for others of course, but I'm just saying, I wouldn't mind if the version required by the compo rules is that big, because I want to show it that big ;) )

That really looks neat, awesome :)

Would it be possible to also get smaller versions (for credit screens or to put it into signatures? :) )
Sure! :)

I also made a wallpaper in two resolutions: 800x480 (for Pandora) and 320x240 (for Caanoo, Wiz, Dingoo, etc.)

Edit: Attached Logo in three different sizes.

wallpaper.png

wallpaper lowrez.png

dragonbox logo normal.png

dragonbox logo large.png

dragon box logo small.png

very nice, I personally like the bottom text best with the white font using blue outline ... though I do like the little 8bit style dragon used on the others :)

Woha, nice work guys! I love the flaming dragon but also really like the friendly retro geeky feel texture has got going for his design. Number two and three from him I like most.

Glad I'm not the jury!  :)

...really like the friendly retro geeky feel texture has got going for his design. Number two and three from him I like most.
They are indeed very nice. As this is a multi-platform comp, #3 is better, as it doesn't just single out the Pandora.

Woha, nice work guys! I love the flaming dragon but also really like the friendly retro geeky feel texture has got going for his design. Number two and three from him I like most.

Thank you! :)

But what jury? ED is the only one who decides which logo will become the official one.

I like the design of texture, too. The retro dragon rocks! I think texture was the one who created the dragon box shop logo. So all credits to him/her in this matter. :)

Thank you! :)

But what jury? ED is the only one who decides which logo will become the official one.

I like the design of texture, too. The retro dragon rocks! I think texture was the one who created the dragon box shop logo. So all credits to him/her in this matter. :)
Noooope. I just encoureged the community by uploading the logofiles to help to evolve a coding comp. logo. And that's what you did very well in alot variations. Thumps up! Different perspectives and ideas are important. I also prefer the last logo you did (coding comp. in one line).

...really like the friendly retro geeky feel texture has got going for his design. Number two and three from him I like most.

They are indeed very nice. As this is a multi-platform comp, #3 is better, as it doesn't just single out the Pandora.
...yay. I recognized the comp. rules including that include all open handheld too late.

A interesting and fresh pandora year 2013!

Wow, I like all of the logos as well, thanks :D

I think I'll use the flaming dragon for the official banner on my website, however... the Retro-Logo would be perfect for games that have been made in retro-style :)

So my idea is that the dev can choose his favourite logo. The flaming dragon doesn't really fit for a game similar to VVVVVV, for example, so in that case, the retro one would be good :)

Back