Dr.who

Wite_Noiz posted on Jul 18 2006 at 04:57 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 18 2006 at 04:37 PM said:
If you want to play it on a PSP then rename the file to something like: M4V00004.MP4 and place it in the MP_ROOT\100MNV01 folder on the memory stick.
Is that normal?

Serious question, I only know one guy with a PSP and he only plays games on it.
Yep that's normal. Most software that creates video files for the PSP such as RaPiZ will even create the folder structure for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 18 2006 at 02:22 PM said:
If you want to play it on a PSP then rename the file to something like: M4V00004.MP4 and place it in the MP_ROOT\100MNV01 folder on the memory stick.
Is that normal?

Yep that's normal. Most software that creates video files for the PSP such as RaPiZ will even create the folder structure for you.

While I'm thinking of it, have you gotten anywhere with Bat Thumb yet?

jmetal88 posted on Jul 18 2006 at 08:31 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 18 2006 at 02:22 PM said:
Is that normal?

While I'm thinking of it, have you gotten anywhere with Bat Thumb yet?
It's still on the way, I'm having a problem encoding it to WMV as there are 3 errors in the file.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 15 2006 at 03:25 PM said:
craigix posted on Jul 15 2006 at 02:50 PM said:
Yep I thought the same thing about that ending, it could have been made so much better with a few tweaks. It's likely they ran out of time and just hacked that together.

The Peter Kay episode (Love and monsters) was the worst of all time, ever worse than the Happyness Patrol from the McCoy era.
I'm afraid I have to agree with you there. It was certainly different, but it was pretty awful. How that story actually got into production is pretty much beyond me.
It was from a competition on Blue Peter (I swear I only happened to switch it on, just as they mentioned that competition!).

I can't really decide whether I like the current version of Dr Who or not! I can be watching it and thoroughly enjoy it, but then something happens and I think 'that's not scientifically possible' or 'how the hell did they do that'. For example, at the end of the episode with the devil, Rose somehow manages to go from the space ship and walks straight in through the front door of the tardis, even though they are in the middle of space and the ship they were in was basically a cockpit with a smashed window.
Also, towards the end of the last episode, why didn't they all go and hide in the tardis? That way everyone that wanted to stay could do, and everyone that wanted to go back to the other universe could do.

Damn you Star Trek for having sci-fi that sort of makes sense, making me take all sci-fi far too seriously!

gp32rich posted on Jul 15 2006 at 12:10 PM said:
I don't mind them writing for kids.
There are lots of kids programs that are still accessible to adults.

Dr Who's writers leave holes in the plot to get to the end, eg. Rose being caught and whisked away instead of both being sucked into the void. It was made clear earlier that it was one necklace-one body. and that all things that had travelled through the void would be sucked in.
Pete Tyler was carrying two neclaces. one was in his hand, the other around his neck.

Javacat posted on Jul 19 2006 at 01:07 PM said:
For example, at the end of the episode with the devil, Rose somehow manages to go from the space ship and walks straight in through the front door of the tardis, even though they are in the middle of space and the ship they were in was basically a cockpit with a smashed window.

The tardis towed the ship to a safe distance and materialised on the ship. This was explained directly afterwards when one of the crew said "Down in the hold, it was like a big blue box".

Javacat posted on Jul 19 2006 at 01:07 PM said:
Also, towards the end of the last episode, why didn't they all go and hide in the tardis? That way everyone that wanted to stay could do, and everyone that wanted to go back to the other universe could do.
Actually that is a very good point :blink: .

From the above three points, I think people need to pay more attention before throwing an incorrect assumption. Javacat is so far the only one who has made a good point about the so called holes in the plot: Lets all jump into the Tardis, excelent :) .

Well, they only didn't do that as otherwise everyone would hide in the, mostly, indestrucable tardis all the time and then nothing would ever happen.

Also Javacat made more than one complaint about the episode, there for he was more likely to find a plot hole.

sam fisher posted on Jul 19 2006 at 07:03 PM said:
Well, they only didn't do that as otherwise everyone would hide in the, mostly, indestrucable tardis all the time and then nothing would ever happen.

Also Javacat made more than one complaint about the episode, there for he was more likely to find a plot hole.
:lol: It had to be Sam to react to my last post, I was counting on that and I wish I had put a bet on it :lol:

If you notice I actually backed Javacat up there, and I notice you didn't say "Yes Clare, you're quite right about the other two points, thank you for the correction". You simply chose to stamp your feet. I think I am happy now I have ruffled your feathers. Now back to your cage young man.

Edit: Sam hon, you know I like you, you're usually kinda fun and sometimes silly as young boys are. But this topic is very close to my heart, I have been a Doctor Who fan for as long as I can remember. For me it still has the original feel of the original series in lots of ways. When those 4 Daleks popped out of the Void ship my spine truly tingled with that OHH MY GOD feeling I got as a girl. I remember that feeling when I saw the episode "Planet of the Daleks". The Doctor came across this oval moving shape in the ground moving towards them, it stopped. They realised it was something invisible and sprayed it until they saw what it was - A Dalek.

I can pretty much assume the Daleks are just another robot style enemy in a sea of multiple Sci-Fi to you. But to me the Daleks are scary as hell, and to see them in battle with the Cybermen was a pinnacle episode in the whole of Doctor Who history, never has anything like that happened before. Sam I think you're too old to appreciate the series from the kids point of view, and you're too young to understand the nostalgia of the original series. Kick back and just watch it for what it is, a fun sci-fi series that is pretty much tongue in cheek. If you want 100% continuity and realism, go watch the new series of Battlestar Galactica (Another remake).

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 19 2006 at 01:17 PM said:

:lol: It had to be Sam to react to my last post, I was counting on that and I wish I had put a bet on it :lol:

If you notice I actually backed Javacat up there, and I notice you didn't say "Yes Clare, you're quite right about the other two points, thank you for the correction". You simply chose to stamp your feet. I think I am happy now I have ruffled your feathers. Now back to your cage young man.

Edit: Sam hon, you know I like you, you're usually kinda fun and sometimes silly as young boys are. But this topic is very close to my heart, I have been a Doctor Who fan for as long as I can remember. For me it still has the original feel of the original series in lots of ways. When those 4 Daleks popped out of the Void ship my spine truly tingled with that OHH MY GOD feeling I got as a girl. I remember that feeling when I saw the episode "Planet of the Daleks". The Doctor came across this oval moving shape in the ground moving towards them, it stopped. They realised it was something invisible and sprayed it until they saw what it was - A Dalek.

I can pretty much assume the Daleks are just another robot style enemy in a sea of multiple Sci-Fi to you. But to me the Daleks are scary as hell, and to see them in battle with the Cybermen was a pinnacle episode in the whole of Doctor Who history, never has anything like that happened before. Sam I think you're too old to appreciate the series from the kids point of view, and you're too young to understand the nostalgia of the original series. Kick back and just watch it for what it is, a fun sci-fi series that is pretty much tongue in cheek. If you want 100% continuity and realism, go watch the new series of Battlestar Galactica (Another remake).

Thats what I like about you... nice but not a push over :)

Battlestar Galactica is good but you cant really watch anything if your just gunna pick on little things.... oh my gosh!!! his watch was on the other hand last scene!!!! what a stupid show! *turns tv off*.... anyways you get the idea...

BTW not try to pick on you Sam

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 19 2006 at 07:17 PM said:

I meant my post in a light hearted way. Just pointing out that probability may of played a role in Javacats good fortune :D

I am too used to Star Trek where stuff actually has a slight scientifically correct meaning. I have never found the daleks scary, even when I was little. I am not scared of things them selves. I am however afraid of the dark and heights. If I hear a noise and I am walking in a dark street I do actualyl occasionally run to hide under the nearest street lamp...

sam fisher posted on Jul 19 2006 at 08:22 PM said:
I meant my post in a light hearted way. Just pointing out that probability may of played a role in Javacats good fortune :D

I am too used to Star Trek where stuff actually has a slight scientifically correct meaning. I have never found the daleks scary, even when I was little. I am not scared of things them selves. I am however afraid of the dark and heights. If I hear a noise and I am walking in a dark street I do actualyl occasionally run to hide under the nearest street lamp...
I kinda guessed it was light hearted, but you need to make that more obvious in the posts. I'm guessing you mean it light hearted when you go "It was cr*p". But like I said, this subject it pretty close to my heart and by saying that you hurt my love of the series.

I guess I was right about your idea of the Daleks. Your generation was brought up with mega SCI-FI robots and huge effects and you take most of the old innovations as defunct. What was new and scary to me as a child, is by default old and pretty boring to you. Like I said, you're at the in between age. Not a lot is new as you have basic knowledge of new and old sci fi.

I like to imagine how the kids are reacting to the Daleks, Tardis, Sikorax or Cybermen for the first time. Don't forget that there's a whole generation of people who know nothing about it all, and this is WOW to them!

I'm at the time where I am bored of the 'colourful teletubby' special effects. I now prefer things with explosions in it. My little brothers don't like it either. As unfortunetly, being as my dad is pretty smart, we always spot continuity errors and scientifically unsound things.

Such as the new sonic screw driver, he uses it for too much. ALL HE DOES IS POINTS THE DAMN THING AT STUFF AND IT EXPLODES! He does occasionally twist it a bit, to be fair. Then he recharged the Tardis off a self recharging battery. I MEAN WHERE THE HELL DOES IT RECHARGE FROM! I guess I would just like them to make up things to clerify such matters within the episodes.

sam fisher posted on Jul 19 2006 at 09:08 PM said:
Such as the new sonic screw driver, he uses it for too much. ALL HE DOES IS POINTS THE DAMN THING AT STUFF AND IT EXPLODES! He does occasionally twist it a bit, to be fair. Then he recharged the Tardis off a self recharging battery. I MEAN WHERE THE HELL DOES IT RECHARGE FROM! I guess I would just like them to make up things to clarify such matters within the episodes.
Sam hon, that was ALL explained pretty clearly. I am assuming you are talking about the two episodes "Rise of the Cybermen" and "The age of steel" in which the tardis was robbed of energy due to the fact that the tardis took most of it's energy from the background radiation of time in our dimension. The Doctor found one part of the Tardis that latched on to the new dimension and it started to suck energy from it instead. It's what he used to kill a bunch of cybermen and then power the Tardis for a one off hop back to it's original dimension.

One of the things that was not explained in the 1st series is why was one touch from Rose was able to regenerate a Dalek? Well we now know don't we, or were you not watching?

Yes I was watching. I hate dthe idea of void stuff in the newest episodes.

Anyway, to the point. He was so untechnical with that explanation of the power cell that was still working, that I didn't listen to it. HE IS THE OPPOSITE OF TECHNICAL.

David Tennant: The cadbury hot chocolate radiation is absorbed by the marshmallow tardis that enables it to recharge the mallowcell every 30 minutes or so!

WHY COULDNT HE JUST OF USED THE ONE THAT LATCHED ONTO THAT DIMENSIONS TIME RADIATION TO SET ALL THE OTHERS TO THAT SETTING!

Why did he have to wait days for it to power up every other bit of the Tardis. Hell, how did that one latch onto it? Was it set wrong to begin with?

sam fisher posted on Jul 19 2006 at 10:04 PM said:

Anyway, to the point. He was so untechnical with that explanation of the power cell that was still working, that I didn't listen to it. HE IS THE OPPOSITE OF TECHNICAL.

David Tennant: The cadbury hot chocolate radiation is absorbed by the marshmallow tardis that enables it to recharge the mallow cell every 30 minutes or so!

WHY COULDNT HE JUST OF USED THE ONE THAT LATCHED ONTO THAT DIMENSIONS TIME RADIATION TO SET ALL THE OTHERS TO THAT SETTING!

Why did he have to wait days for it to power up every other bit of the Tardis. Hell, how did that one latch onto it? Was it set wrong to begin with?
I think I already told you that about the power cell... And I already went into that in a previous post...

The chocolate radiation, well only you saw that. may I suggest you get some 3D specs and view it correctly?

To sum up this topic: a female on the internet agreed with something I said, therefore she wants my body and I've fallen in love with her.

I think we need to remember that the intended audience of Dr Who wouldn't normally be into all the sci-fi stuff, ie not geeks who look into every little detail (us :D).
It's like horror movies, where I have to sit down, relax and let them scare me (no matter how unscary they really are). Just sit down, relax and let yourself believe that a screw driver can do everything.

I have to admit, when the Daleks came out of that ship I shouted out "What the f*ck!" in shear suprise, horror and excitement :D

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: Clare :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 19 2006 at 10:34 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Jul 19 2006 at 10:04 PM said:

David Tennant: The cadbury hot chocolate radiation is absorbed by the marshmallow tardis that enables it to recharge the mallow cell every 30 minutes or so!

I think I already told you that about the power cell... And I already went into that in a previous post...

The chocolate radiation, well only you saw that. may I suggest you get some 3D specs and view it correctly?
I was just pointing out that he could of got the tardis back up instantly. Its like why charge them all up one at a time from one cell. When you can set all the cells to correctly auto recharge... Get what I mean?

Also I liked the darlek bit as they first emerged I liked the way them screaming was slurred enough for them to be either cybermen or daleks. Didn't like that they had names. I liked that they had a little 'chat' with the cybermen, it wasn't a typical dalek like conversation but definetly good.

Dalek: You are only better "(a BETTER word would have been superior)" in one respect...
CyberMan: What is that???
Dalek: You are better at dying!!!

Daleks:*chant* All your base are belong to us....

Well, maybe I made up the last bit...

sam fisher posted on Jul 19 2006 at 04:04 PM said:

David Tennant: The cadbury hot chocolate radiation is absorbed by the marshmallow tardis that enables it to recharge the mallowcell every 30 minutes or so!

Lol you do realise that what your saying means that you would have to make up stuff to make it seem technical?

I mean where did you hear that he was able to set the other cells to recharge?

sam fisher posted on Jul 19 2006 at 11:59 PM said:
I was just pointing out that he could of got the tardis back up instantly. Its like why charge them all up one at a time from one cell. When you can set all the cells to correctly auto recharge... Get what I mean?

Also I liked the darlek bit as they first emerged I liked the way them screaming was slurred enough for them to be either cybermen or daleks. Didn't like that they had names. I liked that they had a little 'chat' with the cybermen, it wasn't a typical dalek like conversation but definetly good.

Dalek: You are only better "(a BETTER word would have been superior)" in one respect...
CyberMan: What is that???
Dalek: You are better at dying!!!

Daleks:*chant* All your base are belong to us....

Well, maybe I made up the last bit...
Yawn, now you're betting boring. It's Sci-Fi not Sci-Fact. I think Stephen Spielberg said something like "Well no, sound doesn't travel in space, but I have already created the Star Wars universe where sound does. So I have to stick to that model." What that means is, each Sci-Fi series has it's own set of rules, and you cannot really liken that to real life. I mean, a Tardis? Now that really is like real life right?

As Javacat said: Just watch and enjoy it! Oh and stop making stuff up :D

Javacat posted on Jul 19 2006 at 11:11 PM said:
To sum up this topic: a female on the internet agreed with something I said, therefore she wants my body and I've fallen in love with her.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Clare :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Rrriiight, okay, er. Does that mean you will send me a huge box of chocolates on my birthday ;) .

lol3222 posted on Jul 20 2006 at 12:26 AM said:
sam fisher posted on Jul 19 2006 at 04:04 PM said:

Lol you do realise that what your saying means that you would have to make up stuff to make it seem technical?

I mean where did you hear that he was able to set the other cells to recharge?
Well if one can recharge....

lol thats all folks :)

Edit: I dont remember why I put this.... I think it was late at night.... so just go pass

Back