Release Dr.Fungi (scene demo)

Farox

Certified Guru
Website
rbnet.it
Hi i have found another demo to port.
Here you can download Dr.Fungi a demo released by Fit demogroup

Pandora port is running thanks to glshim by ptitSeb (using one of the latest Git revision).
I advice you to clock your Pandora at minimum of 800 Mhz (tested at 825 mhz on my CC) and there is also some heavy scenes (near the end of the demo) that Pandora struggle to show smootly..maybe things got better with a 1Ghz.

Sources included in PND.

Version 2 have better tearing reduction (thanks to ptitSeb and Magic Sam), and slightly modified source to reduce dimension of the helix object, in the part that is more demanding for Pandora.

Last edited:
Hi all,

@Farox : thanks again for porting all these open source demos to the Pandora :)

That one runs fairly well on my Rebirth OC'ed @ 825 MHz with SGX driver 4.10.

I noticed some pretty strong screen tearing when FPS < 10 though...

Is there anaything you could do about it ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

FUNK tas tic outro... (it made me run the demo again). oldschool mod music. Beautiful colors. I wish I could go back to the 80's, go to the electronics shop, connect a Pandora to the television there, and loop these things... I bet it would attract customers.

I noticed some pretty strong screen tearing when FPS < 10 though...

Is there anaything you could do about it ?

I don't think i could do something to improve this sorry...but if anyone could go look at it...i'll be very happy.

I don't think i could do something to improve this sorry...but if anyone could go look at it...i'll be very happy.
I added LIBGL_VSYNC=1 to your run script, but unfortunately that didn't solve the screen tearing issue :(

Cheers, Magic Sam

@ptitSeb : that file is missing from @Farox ' PND at the moment.

What is it for again ? EDIT: nevermind, found the answer on the wiki ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
use the one that is inside PPSSPP for example, or build one with that inside:
Code:
[default]
WindowSystem=libpvrPVR2D_FLIPWSEGL.so
(but be sure to not create it on windows, or it will not work).

As you can see, it select the display manager (sort-of) and FLIPWSEGL will do a real vsynched swap buffer.

@Farox : you're welcome :)

On a more personal note, I hope you and your relatives were not harmed in that terrible earthquake.

Cheers, Magic Sam

On a more personal note, I hope you and your relatives were not harmed in that terrible earthquake.

Me and family are all ok...i'm at 80-100Km (north-west) from the center of earthquake ...but i was awakened by this...my bed was moving...and at first i was blocked...after a few seconds i jumped out and repaired on a more secure place out of my house...i couldn't sleep anymore during the night...was a very bad experience.

On a more positive note...i have updated the pnd, with adding powervr.ini file and slight reduced object dimension (in the part of the helix...where pandora struggle to maintain a good frame rate), sources are updated too.

Last edited:
Tried it out on my GHz pandora (I forget which SGX driver version, sorry) - it runs well. There's some framerate variance starting from the twisting prism, but even the voxel stuff is still running at 15fps or more I reckon. One of the better demos released recently by my memory on that front. And it's nice to have a demo that's not running to a techno soundtrack for a change :)

Back