Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

commander-beef

Very Active Member
Hiya

Long time no see :D

Here's newest edition of DosBox EX with completely new FrontEnd build from ground up by me. It uses the same concepts as EX Launcher but it's fresh and very nice for eyes. No terminal stuff anymore :D

Screens in attachments [are better that thousand words..]

Improvements:

Full GUI

View images/screenshots

View Manual/FAQ text files

View file_id.diz files

Very simple and fast configuration of dos games

Support to automount ISOs if found in game directory

Ability to choose Your own games directory

and many more..

Download:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The front end looks very nice, this will encourage me to play more PC titles.

Thank you.

Looks cool! Guess I know what I'll be downloading this evening when I get back... ;)

Nice!

I would also like to see Mame EX updated (more speed and less use of frameskip).

Thanks, it 's a really nice GUI !

Is the mouse supported ? Cause games like Ultima Underworld are unplayable without it. The touchscreen is not a good option.

Could the 'DosBoxEx - DosBoxEx is running' popup be turned off ? Because it's a bit long and hides the Play game button.

Nice!

I would also like to see Mame EX updated (more speed and less use of frameskip).
Why not. I have in my plans to add GUI for Mame EX

Thanks, it 's a really nice GUI !

Is the mouse supported ? Cause games like Ultima Underworld are unplayable without it. The touchscreen is not a good option.

Could the 'DosBoxEx - DosBoxEx is running' popup be turned off ? Because it's a bit long and hides the Play game button.
I disabled dual edition [usb mouse+nubs/touchscreen] in this reelase. I wasnt used it much [mouse usb+nubs] because it wasnt accurate in most cases. Touchscreen is by far better option for now. DXBX EX users - tell me what You think. Do you want it back?

Of course i can disable pop-up in next release.

Thanks. I was OK with the old interface anyway.

What I'm really missing is a way to set the screen to 4:3, I don't like stretching them to 16:9.

What I'm really missing is a way to set the screen to 4:3, I don't like stretching them to 16:9.
That would be the most important function for me too.
You can use "hidden" advanced options  that i left in this edition of DXBX, where you can adjust dosbox configuation [without saving configuration]

To reveal advanced options click mouse button on "ISO" word

That would be the most important function for me too.
You can use "hidden" advanced options  that i left in this edition of DXBX, where you can adjust dosbox configuation [without saving configuration]

To reveal advanced options click mouse button on "ISO" word
I set it to "aspect=true" with this method and as a result, it was still stretched, but the mouse flew all over the place and I had to reboot to get out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disabled dual edition [usb mouse+nubs/touchscreen] in this reelase. I wasnt used it much [mouse usb+nubs] because it wasnt accurate in most cases. Touchscreen is by far better option for now. DXBX EX users - tell me what You think. Do you want it back?
oh, I'd like to have it back as well! Playing adventure games is impossible without the nubs as mouse (or a real mouse). Point & click is pointless without the possibility to point ;-)

otherwise, great UI and easy to configure :)

Very cool! Would be nice if we had an option to set controls manually and to choose between aspect ratio for 4:3 and fullscreen!

Very cool! Would be nice if we had an option to set controls manually...
Of This is based on normal dosbox, you can open the mapper with ctrl and f1 ingame.

Btw, is it based on pickles build with dynarec etc. or upstream svn?

Btw, is it based on pickles build with dynarec etc. or upstream svn?
As his last release was based on his own build, I guess it is the same with this one - afair he also made some optimizations

Thanks Commander-beef!!! great menu also nice that you can ad iso's very simple B)   

Back