Doctor Who

Yeah. Even though Michael was tied up with his court case, he still managed to put in an appearance. Bravo Michael. Anyway i thought it was worse than the first. Just my opinion. Anyone else think this?

He was referring to the skin thing expertly voiced by Zoe Wannamaker.

So yeah. Something or someone torched Gallifrey. If it's the Daleks, then Tom Baker's decision not to destroy the daleks before they could evolve is seriously going to affect the current doctor's outlook. It's quite good to see Eccleston's transformations from happy-go-lucky to angry and vengeful, really brings in another dimension to his character.

yes well when i watched all the re runs on uk gold i was 5 or something and that wod was to big to fit in my vocabulary. Autons however was under my 6 letter vocabulary limit.

Yeah it was good but not as good as the first one. It was't micheal jackson but one of his removed faces that had come to life.

I thought the 2nd Episode was (To quote the Doc) Fantastic. It really has brought a whole new dimension to the Doctor. THis one has a pretty deep personality, I think He's the first doc to shed a tear? Going from the cheeky lad to almost downright nasty quite amazed me.

I was actually shocked to find out Galifrey has been destroyed in a war, what war we don't know yet but I can't wait to find out more about that. I think the Nestine Conciousness from Episode one was cought up in it as well. Maybee one of them flashback type episodes will pop up where the doc tells the story of the war.

I loved the humour, Rose's gag about MJ, and the iPod joke was a gass.

I think the special Effects do bring a huge eliment of credability to the series. Compared to the old series, it's very believable, and well directed.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed yet, but there's something missing in this series that was in nearly every episode of the original. The cliff hanger eliment has gone, mainly because each story is self contained in one episode.
I wonder if this is on purpose as it reflects the times. i.e. kids for generations grew up on short episodes that left their heros dangling in the jaws of death, only to triumph in the next episode. The most famous of this scenario was the old Black and White Flash Gordon series they used to run during School Holls when I were a wee Lass.
I wonder if todays kids have less of an attention span, and having shorter episodes that ran it's story over 6 or 7 weeks would put them off? For me though, I loved the week in between each episode where you were wondering "How the flippin heck will they get out of last Saturdays extermination?", only to find out he had a small mirror in his pocket which he whipped out at the very last minute, reflecting the death ray back to the nasty thing that shot him in the first place :lol: .

It's the imfamous Joss-Whedon perfected buffy "monster of the week" format. Essentially, you have small, light-hearted episodes, and maybe only 2-3 actual cliffhangers per season, but whereas each episode has a plot, theres also a HUGE subplot.
Seems that the subplot is the rediscovery of who the doctor is, and catching up with what's happened between this incarnation and the ones before.

Also, if you're going to torch a planet full of timelords, don't you have to do it at least 13 times to stop the buggers from regenerating?

Also also, if the Doctor is the last of the Timelords (which theoretically isn't possible, seeing as they're time-travellers, so they defy duration), does that mean no Master? o_O

WarmFluffyUK posted on Apr 4 2005 at 07:50 AM said:
I thought the 2nd Episode was (To quote the Doc) Fantastic. It really has brought a whole new dimension to the Doctor. THis one has a pretty deep personality, I think He's the first doc to shed a tear? Going from the cheeky lad to almost downright nasty quite amazed me.

I was actually shocked to find out Galifrey has been destroyed in a war, what war we don't know yet but I can't wait to find out more about that. I think the Nestine Conciousness from Episode one was cought up in it as well. Maybee one of them flashback type episodes will pop up where the doc tells the story of the war.

I loved the humour, Rose's gag about MJ, and the iPod joke was a gass.

I think the special Effects do bring a huge eliment of credability to the series. Compared to the old series, it's very believable, and well directed.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed yet, but there's something missing in this series that was in nearly every episode of the original. The cliff hanger eliment has gone, mainly because each story is self contained in one episode.
I wonder if this is on purpose as it reflects the times. i.e. kids for generations grew up on short episodes that left their heros dangling in the jaws of death, only to triumph in the next episode. The most famous of this scenario was the old Black and White Flash Gordon series they used to run during School Holls when I were a wee Lass.
I wonder if todays kids have less of an attention span, and having shorter episodes that ran it's story over 6 or 7 weeks would put them off? For me though, I loved the week in between each episode where you were wondering "How the flippin heck will they get out of last Saturdays extermination?", only to find out he had a small mirror in his pocket which he whipped out at the very last minute, reflecting the death ray back to the nasty thing that shot him in the first place :lol: .
Dont you remeber the darleks kept trying to want to kill the timelords. They built DARDIS's to and i qoute 'exterminate EXTERMINATE!'

markusdragon posted on Apr 4 2005 at 08:17 AM said:
It's the imfamous Joss-Whedon perfected buffy "monster of the week" format. Essentially, you have small, light-hearted episodes, and maybe only 2-3 actual cliffhangers per season, but whereas each episode has a plot, theres also a HUGE subplot.
Seems that the subplot is the rediscovery of who the doctor is, and catching up with what's happened between this incarnation and the ones before.

Also, if you're going to torch a planet full of timelords, don't you have to do it at least 13 times to stop the buggers from regenerating?

Also also, if the Doctor is the last of the Timelords (which theoretically isn't possible, seeing as they're time-travellers, so they defy duration), does that mean no Master? o_O
He is in the tardis in a coffee pot somewhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody else worry that the writer doesn't seem to have done ANY sci-fi before?

Also are you sure that the destruction of Gallifrey hasn't been mentioned somewhere else before...

Also Also - don't really matter if Gallifrey has been destroyed the Dr. could go back in time to visit it...

Also Also ALSO!! the Doctor doesn't have a name? I've seen it written down in one of the earlier novelisations (when i was MUCH younger) - it took up about 2 lines of the paperback - he said this to someone they replied Doctor Who? to which he replied something lilke - "exactly".

Also Also Also ALSO! The Master wasn't really A TimeLORD (was he?) - just a renegade from Gallifrey (although he could have been a renegade TimeLord...?..?).

Argon0

The master is/was a renegade time lord that had used up all his regenerations and was trying to claim the doctor's body to carry on his life. In the TV movie he took over Eric Roberts character to keep himself going.

Hia, just clearing up a few points here...

I laughed my ass off to that one, you truly are a comedian :)

if the Doctor is the last of the Timelords (which theoretically isn't possible, seeing as they're time-travellers, so they defy duration), does that mean no Master? o_O

Well not impossible, who knows what kind of weapons were used, time fusion devices for instance...

Actually the master is gone, He fell into the eye of Harmony in the Tardis during the recent Film.

The Master wasn't really A TimeLORD (was he?) - just a renegade from Gallifrey

Yes the master is a Time Lord, he just got to the end of his regenerations. For a while He was nothing more than a decaying mass of yeuch, untill he nicked someones body...

-----------------------------------------

One of the things I have to meantion is, one of the key laws of a time lords is not to medle in time once it has happened. Odd though as the Doc seems to do exactly the reverse, which I guess what made him a bit of a criminal in the first place. I suppose thoug, the Doctor did his best in the war on Gallifrey, and it must have been pretty devastating to affect him soo much. In the last episode, He was clearly well upset!

Back