Doctor Who

sam fisher posted on Mar 29 2005 at 04:36 PM said:
kknd_cf posted on Mar 29 2005 at 12:41 PM said:
I was playing on my DS with the tv on mute, I looked up and it had just finished. Can I catch up from the next one do you think? I really wanted to see it.
i taped it.
Got a spare package?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the new Doctor Who was a bit rubbish. I could list why I thought it was rubbish but I can't be bothered.

...ok , why did the mannequins have guns , and also how come all the plastic didn't come alive?

Red Dwarf had better special effects too.

No, Doctor Hoo

drhoo7av.jpg

leebf posted on Mar 29 2005 at 05:41 PM said:
I thought the new Doctor Who was a bit rubbish. I could list why I thought it was rubbish but I can't be bothered.

...ok , why did the mannequins have guns , and also how come all the plastic didn't come alive?

Red Dwarf had better special effects too.

That's EXACTLY my logic B)

Axeman posted on Mar 28 2005 at 11:56 PM said:
Hi All,

Just wondering if any of the Brits here watched the first of the new series of Dr Who last saturday? I did, and as an old Who fan, thought it was bloody great.

Got a bit slapstick in parts, but was overall very well done, and by far the best stuff the BBC has churned out for ages. Some of the one liners were great ("If you're an Alien, how is it you sound as if you're from the North?" to which Chris Eccleston's Doctor replies "Lots of planets have a North!")

Take that Ant and bloody Dec... :p

Yes I am an old fan and watched it too. It was brilliant. I digitised it too! so I have it on DVD now.

Sorry I just have to add this.

I love the way some of you are trying to hack the story of the first episode:
i.e. Why did the plastic mannequins have guns etc etc etc..

Er well. they were living plastic, and can meld into any shape or form DUH....

Oh and on the subject of the reality of the show, well.. time travel, you accept that right :lol:

I think you guys need to get a reality check and check it out. The show is Sci Fi, note the "Fi" element here. FICTION, it's meant to be fiction and be fun. Just watch it for what it is. I can't remember one Sci Fi (Inc red dwarf) that was Sci Fact :p

Giggles...

WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 29 2005 at 07:33 PM said:
Hi All,

Just wondering if any of the Brits here watched the first of the new series of Dr Who last saturday?  I did, and as an old Who fan, thought it was bloody great. 

Got a bit slapstick in parts, but was overall very well done, and by far the best stuff the BBC has churned out for ages.  Some of the one liners were great ("If you're an Alien, how is it you sound as if you're from the North?" to which Chris Eccleston's Doctor replies  "Lots of planets have a North!")

Yes I am an old fan and watched it too. It was brilliant. I digitised it too! so I have it on DVD now.
any chance of sending a copy to tom?

sam fisher posted on Mar 29 2005 at 07:50 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 29 2005 at 07:33 PM said:
Hi All,

Just wondering if any of the Brits here watched the first of the new series of Dr Who last saturday?  I did, and as an old Who fan, thought it was bloody great. 

Got a bit slapstick in parts, but was overall very well done, and by far the best stuff the BBC has churned out for ages.  Some of the one liners were great ("If you're an Alien, how is it you sound as if you're from the North?" to which Chris Eccleston's Doctor replies  "Lots of planets have a North!")

any chance of sending a copy to tom?

Get Tom to contact me, I'm sure I can arrange something.

I am in the US but I used to watch the old Dr Who on my PBS station when they carried it. I liked it alot and was pissed when they stopped showing it :angry: They used to show the complete story that was like an hour and a half long so I didn't need to wait to see the next segments. I wonder if those DVDs are any good quality wise? I guess that is the only way for us yanks to see the show ;)

firefly1201 posted on Mar 29 2005 at 08:01 PM said:
Did anyone else think that Rose's mum was cowering on a cab, then magically cowering next to a London Bus? Maybe it's just me but...
No, The Taxi was in front of the London Bus.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 29 2005 at 07:06 PM said:
Did anyone else think that Rose's mum was cowering on a cab, then magically cowering next to a London Bus? Maybe it's just me but...

Ah goody, that explains it. :)

kknd_cf posted on Mar 29 2005 at 11:41 AM said:
I was playing on my DS with the tv on mute, I looked up and it had just finished. Can I catch up from the next one do you think? I really wanted to see it.

You can easily download it off the internet, although most copies are the not quite final cut.

Ganepark32 posted on Mar 29 2005 at 11:48 AM said:
i didnt really enjoy it that much. It kinda reminded me of Resi Evil 4 abit when the plastic dummies start killing people and the way the walk was like the villagers in resi evil 4 too. Anyone else think that? And y the hell did they have guns in there hands?

Dude, they're Autons! They predate Resident Evil 4 by decades :p. Oh, and they've ALWAYS had guns in their hands.

firefly1201 posted on Mar 29 2005 at 08:38 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 29 2005 at 07:06 PM said:

Ah goody, that explains it. :)
View the replay, she does run in front of a taxi (With the Bus behind it), crouch, and then slide off to the right and there's the bus...
I think if you're looking for one of them movie blunders you aint found one, you just aint being hawk eyed enough :p

The gun bit, it's blindingly obvious. plastic is being changed at a molecular level, so it can change it to be anything.

The reason phones etc are not killing you is because only larger objects are being effected. doesn't it make sense that walkable objects would be used first in an invasion?

Anyway, this is silly, I hope we aint going to have to have a huge discussion on the feasability of a blob of killer mashed potatoe in future episodes...

I'd just like to point out for those saying the program was a bit childish that it is in fact aimed at children and those of us who are kids at heart. I am also sure the plot would have made more sense if you'd watched the old Auton episodes from years ago. The Auton books were my favorite as a kid. Well scary :)

Back