My Greatest Gp2x Wish Is.... And A List Of Must Have Games According T

Thanks for the lists, like most folks I don't have a lot of direct experience with all the systems the GP2X can emulate. I'll be checking out a few of your classic Megadrive games for sure.

i see no reason for a favorites list! if you have favorites, you can make shortcuts to them with scripts.

i would much rather see developers putting energy into emulator features rather than features best left up to the front end or os.

more good genesis games:

cannon foder
castlevania (i like this one almost as much as the ones for playstation/gba)
marble madness (better on amiga but whatever ;)
thunderforce 3/4 (insane shooters)
beyond oasis (if you liked zelda you'll love this)
legend of galahad (again, better as leander on amiga)
rocket knight adventure (sweet capcom platformer)
subterrania (lander on steroids)

You mentioned Echo on the good ol' DR, wouldn't it be nice to play the saturn Echo? lol course I'm not getting into that, but that was a classic ya know

One of the best megadrive/genesis games i ever played was Micro Machines 2. 4 people clambering to get on a sponge ferry across a sink? Classic.

Its probably rubbish in single player mode though.

I never had a megadrive so i can now play all the great games everyone used to rave about back then.

Graphics get dated but gameplay never does :)

I think the poor chap is being misunderstood a lot. First off: He hasn`t created that list, Retrogamer has. He is only posting the few lists that have been in the Retrogamer magazine.

Also, I think a list of favourites wouldn`t ba a bad idea. Ofcourse, you would need to choose them yourself in the emulator options. Yes, everybody has his own favourites but that`s what the guy meant anyway, everybody could choose his own so they wouldn`t have to browse through 60+ roms before getting to the ones mostly played.

I can see though, that developers should have other priorities and rather work on speed optimizations and compability.

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 20 2006 at 01:25 PM said:
I can see though, that developers should have other priorities and rather work on speed optimizations and compability.

Well I've made a decision I'm a developer by trade(Oracle,PL/SQL) but I've done some C++ in my time and I'm going to try to work out how to do it myself starting with Squidenes...

Watch this space.

Gareth

Last edited by a moderator:
They must have only played 8 games between them on the Lynx. "Todd's Adventures in Slime World" for #9?

Back