Doctor Who

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
Hi All,

Just wondering if any of the Brits here watched the first of the new series of Dr Who last saturday? I did, and as an old Who fan, thought it was bloody great.

Got a bit slapstick in parts, but was overall very well done, and by far the best stuff the BBC has churned out for ages. Some of the one liners were great ("If you're an Alien, how is it you sound as if you're from the North?" to which Chris Eccleston's Doctor replies "Lots of planets have a North!")

Take that Ant and bloody Dec... :p

I liked it a lot. I watched it a couple of weeks ago mind you ;)

I think with a bit of luck Mr Eccleston might be the Doctor to rekindle interest in what was one of Britains most loved programs. His Doctor for me is by far the best since the equally excellent Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker.

And yes the "Lots of planets have a North!" comment was a classic.

I was a bit disappointed that not once was the word Auton mentioned ;)

Also liked the bit where the Doctor was reading Heat magazine (British Celeb-obsessed rag) and said "That'll never work, he's gay and she's an alien".

Heh :p

I liked it lots. Not entirely sure about Chirstopher Eccleston as the doctor, but I'm willing to give him time before I really decide. And Billie Piper wasn't anything special, although I guess that's true of almost all the doctor's assistants. Also the titles were a bit poo.

Next week's episode looks class though...

markusdragon posted on Mar 29 2005 at 02:57 AM said:
Indeed. Next week's episode looks great.

Oh, and Daleks are gonna turn up sooner or later this series. Turns out they've solved the stairs problem o_O.

:lol:

EXTERMINATE!, Well, I would, If i could get up these bloody stairs. :p

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear god, my mouse is coming alive... DIE FELL PLASTIC BEAST DIE!!! Dear god, It's strangling me with the cord! Arggggggg!! NOoooOOOooOOO! Must.... burn... London... Eye....
(I thought it was good.)

markusdragon posted on Mar 29 2005 at 02:57 AM said:
Indeed. Next week's episode looks great.

Oh, and Daleks are gonna turn up sooner or later this series. Turns out they've solved the stairs problem o_O.
episode 6 i believe.

I was playing on my DS with the tv on mute, I looked up and it had just finished. Can I catch up from the next one do you think? I really wanted to see it.

i didnt really enjoy it that much. It kinda reminded me of Resi Evil 4 abit when the plastic dummies start killing people and the way the walk was like the villagers in resi evil 4 too. Anyone else think that? And y the hell did they have guns in there hands?

I wasn't expecting too much given all the hype and clips shown before hand but was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the first episode although my Fiancee hated it. Can't wait for the Dalek's though :D. Flying Dalek's :lol:.

:)

I thought Billie Piper was too evil for me to watch it, almost as bad as Celine Dion. Did you see that face she pulled on the adverts? AAAAAAHHH!!!!

Yeah billie piper was shit but it was quite good seeing as it was the first time i actually watched it. But i do think it was kinda childish in a way but just that bit mature that made it sorta good.

kknd_cf posted on Mar 29 2005 at 12:41 PM said:
I was playing on my DS with the tv on mute, I looked up and it had just finished. Can I catch up from the next one do you think? I really wanted to see it.
i taped it.

Back