Do You Think Gamepark/holdings Will Release A Open Source Console?

Cervante

PS3 ID: Cervante1
Website
Visit site
<_< no im not smoking anything, I just want to know if its possible they will go towards that direction...and what the consoles specs might be, in order for them to make a profit

May I point you towards this other totally useless thread?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=32210

where post no.10 says
"No, they don't. They recently said they don't intend to directly compete with Sony or Nintendo or Microsoft. They don't even believe the GP Kids has any console on the market in the same bracket, so it CAN'T compete with anything. It's made for casual gamers who just want simple cheap things to play and occupy time, basically-- and maybe play some music, etc. while the XGP/XGPmini series are undergoing a redesign to be systems made for hardcore gamers and developers.

Other rumors they debunked:
- All the GP32 engineers but one did NOT go to GPH. Only one GP32 engineer went to GPH.
- They are NOT interested in making the XGP series closed-source for commercial games only-- they are releasing an SDK and encouraging homebrew development and emulation in addition to commercial games they are licensing and having developed."

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously Cervante, scroll down the forum a bit. There's an entire section dedicated to the XGP's.

I believe Gamepark Holdings allready released an open-source console, I have one of those, quite nice, called GP2X.

Unless you mean a tabletop-console, like SNES and Megadrive, etc.

Jarska333 posted on Sep 27 2006 at 08:48 PM said:
I believe Gamepark Holdings allready released an open-source console, I have one of those, quite nice, called GP2X.

Unless you mean a tabletop-console, like SNES and Megadrive, etc.
you smartass... :rolleyes:

Shikaku posted on Sep 27 2006 at 03:52 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Sep 26 2006 at 05:20 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Sep 26 2006 at 10:18 PM said:
Goity posted on Sep 26 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
PSyMastR posted on Sep 26 2006 at 10:10 PM said:
DemonStar55 posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:40 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:35 PM said:
what did you smoke?

But really, I think he's just got classic newbie syndrome.

gpengu_small.jpg

DBH posted on Sep 27 2006 at 02:59 PM said:
You've successfully lightened the mood in this thread. :)

Well, the GP2X can make a nice enough console, coupled with the Breakout board in an enclosure with USB controllers and a TV-out/AC power connection.

I highly doubt they'll come out with anything dedicated to the TV or even a VGA-type monitor.

However never say never as someone might come up with a wild design that kicks ass as a home console with no handheld abilities. Maybe market it as an MP3/OGG/Stereo/Movie/Gaming thing. While I highly doubt it, who knows.

iignotus posted on Sep 27 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Sep 27 2006 at 03:52 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Sep 26 2006 at 05:20 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Sep 26 2006 at 10:18 PM said:
Goity posted on Sep 26 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
PSyMastR posted on Sep 26 2006 at 10:10 PM said:
DemonStar55 posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:40 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:35 PM said:
what did you really smoke?

If you buy a BoB, with the right software, the GP2X would be a console when you plug you BoB into the TV. Similar to what I intend to do. But you're probably looking for something with more power.

In that case, as has been said before. Modded xboxes are getting cheap now. Users are making the shift to the xbox360, now that it has been hacked.

Back