New Console From Gamepark Holdings

I did consider the possibility that they were bought out in order to stifle competition, but seriously, who was MES a threat to? I dunno..

Probably with respect to their website, they just don't consider it important enough to deal with. Maybe MES's web designer was laid off.

It'd be interesting to know who bought them, if someone really did.

axiomprime said:
Isn't it more likely to be OLED?

No. It having a 3.5" LCD is one of the few things GPH has said about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
StreaK said:
Nova said:
kuru said:
..Maybe I overheard the dude mention something.

Was it about white russians?

Did they piss on his rug?

From what i heard, they were quite gentle. They even put OpenWrt on his router. Ableit an old branch, but still useful.

Javacat said:
I bet they are just going to stick the Wiz internals into an F200 case.

The F300 that they announced then canceled? I strongly doubt that. GPH did say it'd be something new to the handheld world, and while I take what they say with a grain of salt I don't think they'd be THAT dishonest.

Gnorf said:
StreaK said:
Nova said:
kuru said:
..Maybe I overheard the dude mention something.
Was it about white russians?
Did they piss on his rug?
From what i heard, they were quite gentle. They even put OpenWrt on his router. Ableit an old branch, but still useful.
All golden. :D

One of the things we must understand about companies like MES is that they are started by other, larger companies, with the intention of getting around intellectual property law in places like Taiwan and Korea. Once they have sufficiently shipped enough product to satisfy certain contracts, they are closed down quickly in order to avoid litigation against IP theft. This is a very common occurrence - don't be surprised if we see another "MES"-like CPU vendor on the horizon, nobody knows anything about them, but they have the resources and technology to ship quantities of product that won't tweak any lawyers noses, for a little while anyway ..

Exophase said:
Javacat said:
I bet they are just going to stick the Wiz internals into an F200 case.

The F300 that they announced then canceled? I strongly doubt that. GPH did say it'd be something new to the handheld world, and while I take what they say with a grain of salt I don't think they'd be THAT dishonest.

The F-300 (or Vocamaster) is already available in Korea. That was never the question. GPH asked the distributors if they should sell them also in the rest of the world. According to GPH there was not enough demand (Which I doubt...)
I think the real problem is that a lot of programs must be changed to run on this device (e.g. MAME or GnGeo)

sbock said:
The F-300 (or Vocamaster) is already available in Korea. That was never the question. GPH asked the distributors if they should sell them also in the rest of the world. According to GPH there was not enough demand (Which I doubt...)
I think the real problem is that a lot of programs must be changed to run on this device (e.g. MAME or GnGeo)

Granted, there's no way that the new console they're referring to is going to be what the F300 already is.

Exophase said:
I did consider the possibility that they were bought out in order to stifle competition, but seriously, who was MES a threat to? I dunno..

Probably with respect to their website, they just don't consider it important enough to deal with. Maybe MES's web designer was laid off.

It'd be interesting to know who bought them, if someone really did.

Yeah, I know, jurassic thread and gravediggers will be punished...

I now have the information from mittens that MES is sold to CoreLogic.

http://www.corelogic.co.kr

There is no information on the web page about MES products like the Pollux at the moment...

Thanks again to mittens! :)

Is there any news on this "new" device yet? Or even good unconfirmed gossip?

sbock said:
Yeah, I know, jurassic thread and gravediggers will be punished...

I now have the information from mittens that MES is sold to CoreLogic.

http://www.corelogic.co.kr

There is no information on the web page about MES products like the Pollux at the moment...
What about this?

http://www.e-smart.com.cn/Product/pollux.htm

Back