Do you collect action figure/memorabilia?Post pics here

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
This is a transformers g1 jetfire figure.One of my favourites.

jetfire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks odly familiar. I'm sure I had one of those as a kid. And a car... no idea who the car was, but it must have been from the same series. Early transformers were awesome; I wish I'd hung onto them

I had a lot of tmnt actoin figures. Sadly I sold them.

I still feel rippe off, cause I sold them for 5 DM to some kid and today I see, that these cost a lot of money.

Used to have a large collection of Resident Evil figures from across the game series and a bunch of Crash Bandicoot stuff but the Resi figures had to go with the kids about and Crash is probably in many pieces spread across the vastness of toyville by now :)

^ The ReSaurus Crash figures, right?

They were notorious for weak joints, alas. :(

That looks odly familiar. I'm sure I had one of those as a kid. And a car... no idea who the car was, but it must have been from the same series. Early transformers were awesome; I wish I'd hung onto them
Yeah transformers were originallly 3 seperate toylines owned by 3 seperate japanes companies.Hasbro bought the 3 lines and combined them and relabelled them as transformers.I think that Jetfire(above in the pic) was also released as a robotech figure.

I had a lot of tmnt actoin figures. Sadly I sold them.

I still feel rippe off, cause I sold them for 5 DM to some kid and today I see, that these cost a lot of money.
Yeah collected teenage mutant ninja turtles when i was a kid too.Not sure where they went to now though.I also had a large Gi joe collection which i gave to a friends kid brother.He thought all his christmases had come at once.

I used to have that Transformer too - along with a pretty decent sized collection of the UK 1st gen figures.

Alas, I only have a couple original Transformer now, including RAVAGE which is a personal fav of mine.

I am a bit of a sucker for these though, and those figures catagorised in shops as urban vinyl, qee and the likes.

I will up a snap later on of a few from my shelf.

My fav?

Probably my Nosferatu figure, designed by Futura 2000

Back in the day though, i had all the typical ones i lad my age wouldve had, some Star Wars, WWF wrestlers, Action man, He-Man... and i remember liking my old Starcom figures, they were bit smaller than Star Wars and the likes, but detailed AND had magnetic feet - pow!

The car transformer that was in red and white too from G1 was Red Alert [here in UK at least]

was one of the better car ones from what i remember

I prefered the planes though - Blitzwing - Skywarp

^ The ReSaurus Crash figures, right?

They were notorious for weak joints, alas. :(

Probably the very same brand but haven't seen the packaging for ages. They practically fell apart upon opening them though, as did the Resi ones after a long time in storage. Then again kids nowadays can make Tonka toys seem brittle :huh:

Edit: I've got an original Star Wars AT-AT kicking about somewhere too...

I used to have that Transformer too - along with a pretty decent sized collection of the UK 1st gen figures.

Alas, I only have a couple original Transformer now, including RAVAGE which is a personal fav of mine.

I am a bit of a sucker for these though, and those figures catagorised in shops as urban vinyl, qee and the likes.

I will up a snap later on of a few from my shelf.

Yup i had star wars he man and action man too.Transformers Generation one figures are big business on e-bay.Its a good way to get old figures but some people charge insane money for them.

My fav?

Probably my Nosferatu figure, designed by Futura 2000

Back in the day though, i had all the typical ones i lad my age wouldve had, some Star Wars, WWF wrestlers, Action man, He-Man... and i remember liking my old Starcom figures, they were bit smaller than Star Wars and the likes, but detailed AND had magnetic feet - pow!
Yeah i had action man,he man and Gi joe too,or action force which was the original name for gi

joe in europe.Ebay is a good place to get figures.Transformers G1 figures are big business on ebay.Some prices are mentally high though.

Probably the very same brand but haven't seen the packaging for ages. They practically fell apart upon opening them though, as did the Resi ones after a long time in storage. Then again kids nowadays can make Tonka toys seem brittle :huh:
In the case of the Crash Bandicoot line-up, it's just that the joints weren't very well designed. I had a couple of them when I was in my mid-teens - they stood on my desk most of the time, and were only moved occasionally. The joints gave out pretty suddenly, just while gently re-posing one of them. :p

It's probably not too difficult to see why ReSaurus had problems and went out of business... :lol:

By the way does anyone remember the 'Centurions' cartoon max ray, ace mcloud and jake rockwell.The figures were awesome actually.They were big and very sturdy.

I didn't have any official Centurions figures, but made my own with star wars figures, lego and blutack. :)

I didn't have any official Centurions figures, but made my own with star wars figures, lego and blutack. :)
really? gas. i once ripped an rc car apart and added an extra light with a battery and some wood.strange. i dont tinker about like that anymore like when i was a kid.

The Centurions were lucky that every time they had to fight evil, it was near a large body of water. Otherwise Max would be useless. Even in the episode where they were shrunk down and put inside of a computer, Max found some water.

Yeah transformers were originallly 3 seperate toylines owned by 3 seperate japanes companies.Hasbro bought the 3 lines and combined them and relabelled them as transformers.I think that Jetfire(above in the pic) was also released as a robotech figure.

Really, now? Is this where the confusing-ass naming system and stylistic differences come from?

Really, now? Is this where the confusing-ass naming system and stylistic differences come from?
some of the original names were kept in japan ie.optimus prime is called convoy and such.japan had its own cartoon with seperate storylines.diaclone are one the original names of the toyline.one of these figures go for a thousand dollars or more. i am only referring to the generation one figures.transformers has been released in new forms cartoons and different named figures etc from the 90 s till now.

Yep, Jetfire is really the VF-1 Valkyrie from Macross (renamed as the VF-1 Veritech in the Robotech americanisation).

Here's a VF-0 Valkyrie in action:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/D0Qxd_mpcF4?feature=oembed (that's just insanely detailed. I want one!)

I still have a bunch of first gen transformers, but they aren't exactly in mint condition (I was a kid, so of course I played with them).

Back