What have you bought recently?

but it looked pretty large

Here's what it looks like on me. I'm afraid I don't know my wrist size but they're not the thickest around.

9WMtapPf.jpg

A new pen. I was originally going to get a refill or two for my current one, but then I discovered that it would cost me £4.93 for a pack of two refills. So I ended up buying the following pen instead which cost £6.99 for the pen and five refills (one in the pen and four in the box). It's also made out of wood rrather than plastic.

zTqqtef1.jpg

Carry Cases for Switch Lite and New 2DS XL
10.000 mah /25 Watt Anker Powerbank
And an USBC Keyring Cable whit a few Adapters..
IMG_1223.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1225.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1224.jpeg
    IMG_1224.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 19
I found an Easter appropriate noodle box at a local convenience store earlier today. One of the ingredients is holy basil leaves, whatever they are.

Anyone have any experience with tiny phones?

Some people suggested this one: https://www.unihertz.com/products/jelly-2 | https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002139900844.html (~€190).
It does run Android 11, so it's relatively modern compared to some other tiny smartphones running ancient versions of Android.
Appears to run Android emulators relatively well.
The phone has 4*ARM A73 (2.0GHz/Armv8-A) and 4*ARM A53 (2.0GHz/Armv8-A) + Mali-G72 (800MHz), 6GB RAM, 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage.

I recently found myself flush with cash so I've got she who must not be named (Peomort) an extra birthday present.

Disliking it, I ordered a Pixel 8. Having it now, I dislike it even more. But I want a smartphone, avoid Apple and Google, and not to get a new one every 2 or 3 years. So what'ya gonna do. (And no, I don't think Linux in the phone space it there, yet. Not for me that is.)

Disliking it, I ordered a Pixel 8. Having it now, I dislike it even more. But I want a smartphone, avoid Apple and Google, and not to get a new one every 2 or 3 years. So what'ya gonna do. (And no, I don't think Linux in the phone space it there, yet. Not for me that is.)
I was using Google's phones as they had a clean Android running on them. But the hardware would continuously fail, I have 5 dead phones. The One Plus and Samsung run Android to, but those firmwares are not to my liking.
I also had iPhones at the same time. When they work, they work. I just use stock items like phone, texting, mail and the browser. No fancy features, no iCloud/facetime/whatever. And for that it's working fine, and I usually can keep a phone for years until support is stopped.
Windows Phones don't exist anymore, but they had a similar vibe. Except cheaper hardware and an empty app-store, but had some nice default apps at the time.
So I like the open part of Android, but my iPhones just keep working for a long time. And I like my phone to just work. And as long as Apple doesn't lock me out due to not using any fancy features I'm okay. Else I'll be switching back to Android.
An ideal phone doesn't exist yet I guess (as in open, fast, affordable, long support, etc).

@Djoga'Ro : why you want a smartphone ?
It comes in handy at times. And I don't have nor want a laptop.

@TeDaDeS Yeah, my 1+ 5T is still ok hw-wise, but the system sw is from Jan. '21. That's why I looked for new shit.
But aside from the speakers and the slightly better screen it feels cheaper than the 5T. When I tap the screens of both, the 5T sounds and feels like a solid brick, the P8 though hollow and brittle. And the Pixel's surfaces are designed to help gravity, not me. So I'm being coerced into buying a case just for some grip. I hate that. Stupid.
But the 5T in the end wasn't supported by non-stock Androids too long. The Pixels usually are. And non-stock is a must for me to get by w/o google services. That's all there is to it.
Using GrapheneOS now, but I miss having root. Can't even tell it to stop charging at 80%, which kinda defeats the sw-longevity aspect, I guess. The world is shit.

@ClockworkCoder I rather meant the Android ecosystem aside from a host of other things that have no sensitive alternatives.
I would have preferred and probably rather likes the current XPeria 10 for half the price, but no Custom ROMs there. And I wouldn't be the guy to set one up let alone maintain it regularly - not my field of expertise.

Back