Dingoo Mods

Mortys

Still Fresh
Hi all
Ther's allready some mods for the Dingoo.
I was thinking (even if the DIngoo Design is good enough), do somebody thinks that it should be possible to put the Dingoo hardware in a case made from a "real" pad (snes, Xbox, PSX...). I know it's a lot of work for a small benefit but I think it could be really cool :D
PS : Just flame me I love that :p

Mortys said:
Hi all
Ther's allready some mods for the Dingoo.
I was thinking (even if the DIngoo Design is good enough), do somebody thinks that it should be possible to put the Dingoo hardware in a case made from a "real" pad (snes, Xbox, PSX...). I know it's a lot of work for a small benefit but I think it could be really cool :D
PS : Just flame me I love that :p
That popped into my mind as well; a dreamcast controller would work quite well IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
But know, the problem is to find somebody able to do it ;), cause I can't.

I think I could, providing I can get the dingoo open. After that it's just soldering some wires onto the boards and cutting a few holes! (I'm assuming you want the screen in the center) It won't look nice, but it'll work great!

I once made a snes to parallel adapter for a friend. It was hideous. He still wanted the snes plug on it, so I pried open the snes plug and soldered onto the pins directly and hot-glued it all into a transluscent blob. It worked perfectly, but had a hard time with all the other stuff in the back of his computer.

Edit: It makes me laugh that no one flamed him.

Like this?

IMG_15.jpg

What about this portable arcade mod (kinda huge though :p ), with the built-in battery you can run it for hours without wiring to any external power supply. :D

IMG_335.jpg

Nice work too, what is the console on the first picture named?
Bzw. someone else with good casemods for dingoo or other handhelds?
Some suggestions?

The arcade mod wasn't my production, but I did some modifications to it.
The arcade mod pciture is in fact an old one, I've already replaced the controls with a Sanwa set and added a lid on the top (for an opening through which I can reach inside of the cabinet to access the controls built on the PCB)

Here are some pics of the mods my friend made for me.

Neogeo pocket color:

IMG_201.jpg

PCE:

IMG_801.jpg

The bar top arcade mod is interesting now that iCade is coming out soon http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/e762/ :p

Back