Dingoo Vs Gp2x (only For The Next 3 Months)

zear_ posted on May 18 2009 at 06:08 PM said:
At first, after seeing few videos of Dingoo on youtube I was very positively surprised by the capabilities of the device.
So, my question is as follows: is the hardware of Dingoo a quality-made, or is it some cheap chinese MP4-like one, so I can expect it to get burned after few months of usage?
It's pretty much a thing that holds me from purchasing it.
If I had money I can buy 50 other mp3/video player that has their battery soldered including popular ones. There is no reason to make it modular the company isn't planning to sell it with removable batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Dingoo. It's true that the emulation could be better, but the other functions like Radio, Video playback, Music (mp3/flac), Pictures and eBooks are working very well.

The SDK is also very easy to use and it's very cewl to only code one thing and have two binarys for Windows and Dingoo. (porting easymade :)

Currently a lot of people are working to code emulators for the Dingoo. I also ported PIE to the Dingoo.

I like the small Formfactor. Removable Battery would be nice but, you can never have it all :).

It seems the Wiz will last longer(quality wise) in the long run. I have a feeling Dingoos won't last for years, wheras the Wiz might more durable. I don't really trust some cheap chinese MP4 brand. That's just how I feel, but this isn't based on any actual facts.

Back