Did you preorder?

• Yes, I cant wait for it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't want one

• No, I got locked out of the first 3000

• Total voters

I was stuck at work and had to have my Mother in Law order mine with my credit card because my work just began blocking the site today. I would assume this project has attracted significant attention for US Air Force servers to take an interest and deem it to be "excessive internet traffic." Nevertheless I got mine preordered and am anxiously awaiting the next couple months to come by so I can play!

I got it. And nearly ripped my hair out in the process. I've been following this since last year. When I found out my school blocked the order page I was on the verge of tossing the computer out the window.

The thread titled "Looks like the first 3000 are already sold out" didn't help much either.

Needless to say, I got it, I'm happy, and am now browsing for cool USB goods to stick onto it.

I had already decided to be an early adopter of the Pandora, so I ordered from gbax a few minutes ago. I also got a spare battery, tv-out cable, and contributed $20 to the OS developers fund. That last bit is actually a slick idea: you can add to your shopping cart a $20 USD donation to the developers who make games for the :pandora1:. In Craig's case, enough people trust him with their $20 that this idea might work.

Last edited by a moderator:
OriginUnknown said:
Yup, Notaz's work with Pandora Ubuntu wow'd me enough. Two days ago I wouldn't have =)
Although I knew it would run Ubuntu this did sway me to pre-ordering rather than waiting for a completed unit and a review.

I ordered two, just now, so I hope it goes through and they aren't all sold out yet. I hope if they decide not to let people order two because of lack of units they just bump me down to one.

Hey guys I've got some questions.

I just tried to preorder a couple of hours ago. I went through the whole process and the protx processing status bar came up and I waited for 5 minutes on pins and needles. I finally couldnt take it, so I went out and watched a tv show. I came back and it was still processing. I tried the back browser, that didnt work. Then went through the whole process again. Again it hung at the status bar for 20 minutes. Finally in desperation I used my fiances laptop and this time it said the card was declined even though I've ample funds in the account.

Is it possible that the previous purchase went through and it hasnt registered on my bank acct yet?

Did you guys get a confirmation email after purchase? :(
I checked and didnt see one in my box, now I'm concerned I might have bought several and just dont know it yet.

I'm gonna wait for the second batch, where its possible that they may have some tweaks and fixes on it :D

Hola.

Yeah, I'm new here, I've been lurking in the shadows unregistered for a while.

But yeah, I pre-ordered mine before i got the email at 11am while on my lunch break. Just happened to goto the site and see the link.

What ignorant answer choices..

Why would someone hang out at the Pandora forums and not want a Pandora? You didn't think that some people might not have the money yet? Maybe some people are skeptical about its performance and want to wait until there are reviews for it? Others may want to wait until more games, emulators and applications come out for it, and a couple people even might be waiting for a white version.

I deem the creator of this topic ignorant and perhaps elitist.

Skofo said:

Why would someone hang out at the Pandora forums and not want a Pandora? You didn't think that some people might not have the money yet? Maybe some people are skeptical about its performance and want to wait until there are reviews for it? Others may want to wait until more games, emulators and applications come out for it, and a couple people even might be waiting for a white version.

And I deem the creator of this post someone who reads into trivial things far too much.

I must say, after preordering, I've got this feeling that the launch is so much closer. Hard to believe that it's still 70 degrees here and by the time Pandora comes, there may very well be snow on the ground...

Skofo said:

Uh-oh, elitist...don't want to be that, of course, it might lead to Ideas. :rolleyes:

CronoTriggerfan said:
I must say, after preordering, I've got this feeling that the launch is so much closer. Hard to believe that it's still 70 degrees here and by the time Pandora comes, there may very well be snow on the ground...
Can't wait for the long snowy bus ride to work... I wonder if I'll have some kind of gadget to tinker with by then. :-D

socket said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Can't wait for the long snowy bus ride to work... I wonder if I'll have some kind of gadget to tinker with by then. :-D
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I'm actually making my own handheld right now to pass the time.

Australia here too. I wasn't too worried they'd sell out, but I still preordered so fast that I subsequently turned around and had a panic attack because I didn't do my usual paranoid checks that all the sites were legit and that I hadn't gone to a scammer site instead the real one in my rush. I'm over that now though. :p

Would have been nice if they'd waited a day or two more to better prepare. but it's a good thing I pre-ordered when I did though. Just found out I'm up for a whopping great big dentist bill soon. XP

But yes. Congrats to the Pandora team. =^.^=

Oh ya I was one of the lucky 3000 and got my preorder in and can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy and watch the flood of apps and emus and games to come .... :pandora1: B)

Back