Did you buy software for the Pandora?

Did you buy games / apps for the Pandora

• Yes I bought games from the repo

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Yes I bought apps from good old games / other sources for the rewritten engines of Pandora (like Qua

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • No I used allready owned games

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • No I just use the free stuff from the repo / other sources

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Poll needs another category.

"Did you buy a commercial game in order to harvest it's binaries to use on the Pandora?

GemRB - I bought the Dungeons & Dragons Classic Anthology in order to use the binaries on GemRB.

Quake Series - I bought these through Steam to get the binaries to use on the Pandora.

Doom Series & add-on packs - Purchased through through Steam to use binaries on Pandora.

I can't be the only one that has done this.

Hm, one can't answer question 1 and 2 at the same time though they are not mutually exclusive.

So, yes, I bought almost all games from the repo and older games from other sources to play on the Pandora, though I already own a huge pile of other oldies but goldies.
Yeah I'm in the same position.   I've purchased commercial titles on the repo,  and I've purchased games from other sources to play on the pandora. (either through emulation or engine ports) 

- Neelix

Changed the poll to multi answer. I bought super hexagon and will get some old baldurs gate style games for gem rb :) . I would buy more android software when it comes bundles. It would be very cool to a "link" between gog and other sites with our repo.

So when you buy ice wind dale on the repo, the repo buys the game from gog and makes a bundle. So you just have to click on install on the pnd manager (and buy) and the rest works automaticly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poll needs another category.

"Did you buy a commercial game in order to harvest it's binaries to use on the Pandora?

GemRB - I bought the Dungeons & Dragons Classic Anthology in order to use the binaries on GemRB.

Quake Series - I bought these through Steam to get the binaries to use on the Pandora.

Doom Series & add-on packs - Purchased through through Steam to use binaries on Pandora.

I can't be the only one that has done this.
It's the "Yes I bought apps from good old games / other sources for the rewritten engines of Pandora (like Quake3)" that has been there since the beginning of this poll…

I had to answer Yes/Yes/No because I fall under the three polls choices:

1) bought stuff on the repo

2) bought stuff from good old games and bought old PS1 games to play them directly on Pandora (see my article on Pandoralive)

3) used PS1 games i owned as well, previously. 

I had to answer Yes/Yes/No because I fall under the three polls choices:

1) bought stuff on the repo

2) bought stuff from good old games and bought old PS1 games to play them directly on Pandora (see my article on Pandoralive)

3) used PS1 games i owned as well, previously. 

In that case it's just 1 and 2.    3 is a "No" vote, so regardless  of the fact that you have also used games you already owned, it does not match your situation.

- Neelix

Bought Super Hexagon, despite already owning 2 copies of it (Steam + humble bundle)  :p

It is however, one of the greatest games ever made IMHO.

It would be fantastic to see more commercial software on the Repo, don't think it will make a huge financial difference to any professional developer, but hopefully they'll take the small user base into account when looking at returns from Pandora software.

No software, but tons of hardware.

That said, i'm far behind Askarus ;^).
Maybe I have more quantity but you have quality.

I have dozens of adapter and cable but you have an external sound card and mini projector.

That's so cool.

BTW, I have a FM transmitter to play Pandora music on Radio :) .

It's a pretty good one.

Software:

I some commercial stuff in the Repo.

Not because I'm a big fan of those games but to support those sell PNDs.

No apkenv stuff so far.

I also bought homeworld for Win 95 which runs great on Pandora.

It would be fantastic to see more commercial software on the Repo, don't think it will make a huge financial difference to any professional developer, but hopefully they'll take the small user base into account when looking at returns from Pandora software.
Well small userbase but almost no commercial releases, so you get all the attention. GTA3 Port for Pandora, and you get at least 1000 customers more, who will buy it for 5-10$ (disclaimer I dont like gta3). The question is, is porting more expensive then 5000-1000 dollars? When 10.000 pandoras would be sold, and there would be an app of the week in the pnd store, maybe some professional developers would port their stuff. Btw. it would be interessting to know how money many pandoras were sold worldwide.

I tried.

TB3oLRb.png

And for those not in the know, Craig was behind that company... And thats is what happened to that.

I suggest we set up something with ED to maybe help out with prices for the next compo or something. Some programs in the repo take donations, towards the project or towards themselves. Update firstpost with inhouse offerings?

So would you buy 5000 Pandoras?
Fixed typo (money instead of many). I dont know how many Pandoras were sold. I thought between 5.000-10.000 units.

Back