Did you buy software for the Pandora?

Did you buy games / apps for the Pandora

• Yes I bought games from the repo

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Yes I bought apps from good old games / other sources for the rewritten engines of Pandora (like Qua

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • No I used allready owned games

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • No I just use the free stuff from the repo / other sources

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

rohezal

Advanced Member
There is great free software for the Pandora. But like Super Hexagon there are some commercial apps. Did you buy one? If not, why? Did you not need it or was it to expensive?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought many of the humble bundles because in most of them there were games that could be played on pandora. (even if most of them needed a port)

I also got many games from GoG, cheap way to have legal copies of DRM-free games :p

For most of those games, I use the "remakes" of the games engines (Syndicate, Planescape, …)

I did not need to buy it since I had the full version already but I chose to purchase as a means of showing some support and hoping a little gratitude might go a long way ...meaning I hope the dev will continue to port other quality games such as Super Hexagon to the Pandora even if at a cost.

No i have not. Nothing interested me. Puzzles games are not my thing.

But honestly there's no money to be made on the pandora and there never will be.its a niche device whuch is fine by me.

No software, but tons of hardware.

That said, i'm far behind Askarus ;^).

Yup bought every commercial release for Pandora, mainly to say "thanks" for bringing the games to our beloved system. We still need a "minimum payment" option on repo where you can donate past the cost to show more appreciation.

I bought most if not all of the commercial offerings in the repo.. 

I also own all the native port games that use data files from commercial PC games.. like the Quake(s), Doom(s), ScummVM games, Shadow Warrior, Duke 3D... etc

Usually I do not buy any software. I do donate to developers or porters when they have a paypal account and they did something I really enjoy. Also donated (bounty) a GP2X to Ptitseb for porting an emulator.

There are tons of software for emulators on the Pandora that I consider abandonware and it will take a lifetime to play them all (I still have a huge 'to play more' list) so I don't need new software. There is also quite a lot homebrew games for the Pandora that I still need to play (more). So I don't really see the need to pay for software, enough choice for free. 

That said, I just bought Super Hexagon :) Mainly because it is supported by Notaz and it has c4all support.

i forgot to add the poll, sorry. can a mod add the poll?

Bought all of them and played all of them.

Just started with Super Hexagon yesterday... that game is eeeevil.

I've bought the kamiretro from the repo.. obviously had SCUMMVM games.. some PSX games and other real NDS cards.

I buy software for the pandora whenever available.  I have a large ps1 collection (and still purchase games to play on pandora and PSP).  Also, buy DOS games to play in dosbox from gog and dotemu and sometimes ebay.  I still buy scummvm games and other ported games when they become available.  Recently got alien v Predator from dotemu even though I only have a cc pandora.  Bought all commercial ones off repo too.

I bought Kami Retro.
Things i would buy when they are ever aviable:
Freespace & Freespace2
Descent 3
Cute Anime Jump and run or RPGs,
Dreamcast Emulator,
A full working RPG Maker 2000/2003/XP
and Games who are selfmade like NubNub.
Maybe Android RPG Game Ports too :)

But everyone who write a Game to buyten,dont forget Demoversions :)

I bought Kami Retro, but nothing else so far on the Pandora. Also on other platforms I rarely buy anything - I bought "Cut the rope" and a few other cheap apps on my iPad, and a long time ago I bought (well actually my parents did, because I was still a kid) a few games for the Commodore 64. And that's about it.

In general, I don't tend to buy software. I prefer Free and Open Source software. Since that is what I like, that is also how I license the stuff I make myself. If people feel the need to thank me, a nice comment and/or a good rating on the repo is enough for me. If they really want to spend money, I encourage them to donate to the OpenPandora project (e.g. the preorder fund).

These ADK bundle packs are interesting ideas.... we could start to see lots of games 'ported' over cleanly for 99c each

I bought vvvvvv on steam exclusively to play it on pandora.

That would be cool if more great indy games follow that road :

-> The initial developer (with no time or interest to the pandora) give the source code to a trusted pandora developer

-> The pandora developer provide only a binary on the repo, that need a package to be bought elsewhere

-> The pandora developer can pass time on bug or playability where the initial developer would have no time

-> Everyone would enjoy having the game on the pandora, the initial developer would gain a little money...

I bought super hexagon android version before it was released for the pandora (the android version works well on pandora). That would have been cool to have the real pandora version, but i'll not buy twice the same game of course :)

Hm, one can't answer question 1 and 2 at the same time though they are not mutually exclusive.

So, yes, I bought almost all games from the repo and older games from other sources to play on the Pandora, though I already own a huge pile of other oldies but goldies.

Back