Did we get different stickers for the premium pandoras

[

Exactly. Many of the "Premium" buyers were expecting special denotation on their units as well to set them apart from "First Batch", "Second Batch" and general production (down the road?) units. Please see the original poster's comments to this effect.

It may seem like a mountain out of a mole hill - but for the mole it can be a pretty important bump in the path.

If I can use a metaphor comparing Pandroa to Apple (boo, hiss, I know, haters gonna hate :lol: ) to illustrate the point of importance to some people of signed/numbered/limited/etc. products.

Pandora right now is really just starting out, and who knows, may or may not be successful. Apple was like that in the 1970ies as well, so Pandora's product now can mirror ambition of that company back then. So take a look at this nice little auction from Christie's:

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot_details.aspx?intObjectID=5370965

Yup... an apple-1, numbered 82, with a signature. If you're into monetary gain, it's going for some money. If you're a collector, well that's just the cat's meow. Regardless, it's still a bit of history and no one can deny.

So think of it, maybe in 30 years, your stickered pandora with first batch or second batch or premium or whatever, signed by Craig or Ed or whomever ---- it could reach that!

So yeah... for the team to go out of the way to give a sticker to denote some facet of the product, it's a good call, and to follow through on it would be nice. That sticker may be just a sticker to some, but to others, it truly is meaningful - be it collectable, reassuring that you did something, or if you wanna sell it on ebay for $900 if you're into that sort of thing.

i dont see why this isnt in the ask craig a question subforum?

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, when I get my upgraded second batch Pandora, I'll peel the sticker off.
First Batch, Premium and Second Batch

The hardware is all the same. These -were- names to distinguish the people who had joined the project at different times in the cycle. Now it is mud.

How do you feel that your second batch Pandora will be "upgraded"?

If that came off as sarcasm, it wasn't.

A new sticker would have meant a delay in the ability to offer a premium Pandora. The cash was needed right then, not two weeks or more from then. It wasn't said outright, but what I took from this was that the whole project was in danger of going bankrupt. That would mean not only would you not see any more batches made, but also that development for the device would damn near cease. Who is going to put time into a device that only a few thousand people across the world have in their possession?

The premium plan is working. It didn't start until the middle of January either, so I do believe that we will see more than 800 shipping in February. Also, CircuitCo was only shipping about 300 boards a week, and only just recently at that level, so it would appear that Craig's team is building as fast as they can now that they have the extra labor.

This also means, for those of you who might have to RMA your Pandora, that you will get it back in a matter of weeks instead of months.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter, and I DO understand your feelings because I was a first-day order myself. I just think that a deep breath would do everyone good. Yes, it's irritating in the short run, but you have to look at the long run. The project wouldn't have survived in the long run, and that benefits nobody.

This has been discussed to death. I do see the intrinsic value of the sticker, but it doesn't change anything in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides: if you're really speculating on having a valuable collector's item in 30 years, you should actually be glad that there are no extra-stickers for the premium Pandoras. Who would care about an ordinary Batch 1 Pandora, of which there were 4000 build, when there is the very rare (limited to an unknown number) premium Pandora with the (gasp) red sticker under the battery!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter, and I DO understand your feelings because I was a first-day order myself. I just think that a deep breath would do everyone good. Yes, it's irritating in the short run, but you have to look at the long run. The project wouldn't have survived in the long run, and that benefits nobody.

This has been discussed to death. I do see the intrinsic value of the sticker, but it doesn't change anything in the long run.

+ 1 for a calm, collected, logical outlook. :)

This is my opinion as well, only articulated better than I could have done.

I received my Premium Pandora and no red or pink or any crazy stickers came with it. And honestly, I don´t care because this piece of hardware is awesome (really, I´m very happy with it) and I agree with you guys, we need to do our best to keep this project alive.

I have to say, I feel a little slighted as well. I know OPL needs the money, and I think it's great that they are doing something to help themselves out, but the sticker was sort-of a big deal. It just doesn't mean as much anymore if the 'instant Pandora' crowd receives this sticker too.

Oh well, I guess.
sad.gif

if it make you feel a bit better, i was a first batcher. just not a patient one XD.

I'm kinda pissed off with the sticker thing too. Ok I'm not a first day orderer, but I have still been supporting the project with my pre-order for 21 months.

I'm not following the forum's every day, but I too only recall seeing reviews and posts from Premium Pandora owners in the last month.

I appreciate that OP needed to introduce the Premium Pandora to speed up production and I understand that making any changes to case colour or sticker would have delayed the Premium Pandoras, but I'm still pissed off......and I still haven't received my Pandora. :angry:

I think a lot of people should be pissed off because we were promised certain things when pre-ordering 2+ years back..

1. We'd get one of the first 4000 units shipped out to customers.
  2. They would be collectors items with the special first batch mark to prove it.
  3. We would get them cheaper than batch 2+.

One out of three's pretty shit after waiting for so long if you ask me.

Back