Developed for Pyra

ible

professional vim user
Maybe we could get some spins on some community based opening intro sequences, for games homebrewed for the Pyra. Here are some badly drawn steps in that direction (no animation now, though I might be persuaded to make one if there is interest in this design):

Pyra-Lady-all-clothed.jpg

You may see a slight resemblance to my avatar (a failed attempt at the Dragonbox Pyra logo), originally designed to represent a one certain lady Pyrra, the Pyra's namesake, but using the Greek letter pi for her eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the bottom one, second from left: it does not look like a stripper. :p  Seriously though, I think nudity is overdone -- everything 'artistic' seems to involve naked people these days (and historically, come to think of it); we should be different. Still, even the most conservatively dressed one (my choice) is scandalous in Iran and Saudi Arabia, despite being "wholesome" in the West.

The way it is meant to be played a la nVidia?

I wouldn't want a whole person for loading. Does give an idea for Pyra being an digtail assistant. Lol

Maybe a little logo with the title of this thread in the corner of the start/title screen would be less annoying.

It is very important, that more games are exclusive for specific platforms! m(

There is one game I like and have been neglecting recently that I wish was exclusive to Pandora/Pyra, however to include more of the community the person behind that game released it for other platforms. ;)

I don't understand what you are saying, though.  Are you saying more games (like Hase) should only be for Pandora and Pyra, or are you saying that it is important to have a way to identify games made only for them?

I disagree. I think the games should be as cross-platform as possible. Naturally if you use (hardware) features unique to a specific platform then you have no choice.

I don't understand what you are saying, though.  Are you saying more games (like Hase) should only be for Pandora and Pyra, or are you saying that it is important to have a way to identify games made only for them?
I've been sarcastic.

I disagree. I think the games should be as cross-platform as possible. Naturally if you use (hardware) features unique to a specific platform then you have no choice.
Does nobody know the face palm smiley?

I've been sarcastic.
I love sarcasm, however I can't appreciate it if I don't understand what was being said.

Does nobody know the face palm smiley?
It is new to me. I thought that was a typo :D

Thanks for the enlightenment.
I didn't know what it was either.  I often see random stray characters%, tpyos and mispellings in posts here, so I ignore them.

I meant an opening sequence stating that a game was made for the Pyra (nobody would make Pandora only games these days anymore) implies, that it runs only on the Pyra.Which is bad. ;)

I see only disadvantages. Do you think anybody buys the Pyra because of some homebrew game?
Instead we encapsulate every openhandheld community.

Not that many are left. I know two.

I recall a thread based on a similar concept for the Pandora - a female "avatar" of the Pandora. As far as I could tell, the way to make it appeal to this community was to make her very young-looking (5 or 6 years old, possibly no more than 8 years old), in very short/revealing clothing and have very large infantile eyes - that seemed to be very popular.

I applaud your efforts to break away from these styles, but can't help but think that the whole "designed for pyra" concept is just... well, shit.

D.

I recall a thread based on a similar concept for the Pandora - a female "avatar" of the Pandora. As far as I could tell, the way to make it appeal to this community was to make her very young-looking (5 or 6 years old, possibly no more than 8 years old), in very short/revealing clothing and have very large infantile eyes - that seemed to be very popular.

I applaud your efforts to break away from these styles, but can't help but think that the whole "designed for pyra" concept is just... well, shit.

D.
Oh right, Pandora-tan. That was on the gp32x boards.

I see only disadvantages. Do you think anybody buys the Pyra because of some homebrew game?

Instead we encapsulate every openhandheld community.

Not that many are left. I know two.
I see the problem here: We shouldn't call the games being made by the community for the pyra "homebrew" anymore. We could just say that they are exclusive titles. :p

What about an intro sequence that says "Developed non-exclusively for Pyra"?

Then you release it cross-platform, preferably as FOSS software that makes it into the official Debian repositories and becomes popular also on PC. And then your game becomes basically an advertisement for the Pyra, drawing more people into our community.

I like the red-haired one (top row, second from the left), though that dress should be a lot less revealing at the underside :) .

Back