Design The Nextgen

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes he did, and after 1 day of DS ownership, I agree.

Well we are talking hardware. As far as hardware the DS is a piece if shit. The screen (s) are small and low res, the CPU is dog slow. The PSP is FAR more advanced than the DS. It may be that you like the games better on the DS but that is not what we are talking about here.

PSP is undoubtely more advanced, but how do you explain fact, that DS simply sells better. Yes, it has crappy CPU, low res screens (compared to psp) but so what?? You can hear that PSP isn't as great as Sony thought is could be, and from the other hand - DS saved Nintendo after so-so gamecube.

It's not the hardware but games that are selling videogame system. DS has better games, that's all.

Well we are talking hardware. As far as hardware the DS is a piece if shit. The screen (s) are small and low res, the CPU is dog slow. The PSP is FAR more advanced than the DS. It may be that you like the games better on the DS but that is not what we are talking about here.
The screens being small and low res makes it more affordable to use brighter, sharper ones than the PSP has. The "dog slow" CPU allows for a much longer battery life than the PSP. Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't battery life probably the most important thing in a portable? Both of those factors also reduce production and sale prices. Any con you say about a system can be turned in to a pro, so doing that is pretty useless as well.

DaveC, in my opinion it isn't a good system unless it has good games. As I like the DS games, I am inclined to believe that it is the better system. :)

The screens being small and low res makes it more affordable to use brighter, sharper ones than the PSP has. The "dog slow" CPU allows for a much longer battery life than the PSP. Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't battery life probably the most important thing in a portable? Both of those factors also reduce production and sale prices. Any con you say about a system can be turned in to a pro, so doing that is pretty useless as well.

Needing batteries is what defines a handheld. Being able to a game at all is the most important thing in a handheld. The psp roxors as far as i'm concerned, but the ds does have better games. Much better games. Besides, nintendo did not try to buy a "better" screen, just a cheaper one. They spent a lot of money in the programming budget to make the system and the games sync to their utmost ability. Aside from that nintendo is just cheap. Save a buck here, save a buck there. They definately arent as bad GM though.

Back