Deca core/10 core CPU

8bitDev

Still Fresh
Website
www.upwork.com
Now i was looking at http://mediatek-helio.com/x20/ and i seen few new phones with latest android on it,but to me it seems non practical to be used in Android case scenario.2 main cores would be powered all the time but those 8(2 x 4) are left over to almost nothing to do.Now seeing something like this for GNU/linux distros would be better option and if it would have GUI tool for CPU/GPU management that would be great,so close yet so far away .

Now is it possible for something like this to be a part of Pyra box or design made by pyra have some limitation when it comes to main board socket(i am mostly referring to its physical size rather than software compatibility)???

Regards

Size wise it's not too different than the OMAP5... actually implementing it is a whole other story, Ti is fairly good at providing information, OS examples and such to anyone, even if what they provide is kind of lackluster (sorry). MediaTek I'm not sure about, I know for sure Linux drivers are pretty much non-existant for this.

Why can't Linux use the Android drivers? Is it because Android doesn't use X11?

Why can't Linux use the Android drivers? Is it because Android doesn't use X11?
Its because all gnu components in android linux version are replaced with bionic,and there is no GNU desktop distro that is compatible with bionic so you can't just put gcc on top of it and run it.Now google done this so they could use closed source components with their so called OpenOS!!!

Back