Deal Or No Deal Game Info

I've been following the progress of this game and it looks and sounds like a great coversion.

Any chance of being able to test the beta?

thanks for the offers for testing but I have five testers already and they have done a great job so far, a nice mix of bugs reported and suggestions. i probably wont need any more testers but if i do you lot are next on the list.

Hey Guyfawkes..
I've been away for awhile, my wife has been in the hospital for a few
days and has needed attention at home for a while.

Any updates to know about?

hope your wife is well. unfortunately I havent had much spare time to work on the game and the menu design is annoying me as I cant decide on one. I am planning to work on the game thursday and friday so by then I hope to have some kind of design, if not ill stick with the current one and work on that and then hopefully someone will think of an idea for the second release.

the beta testers done a great job and I have been working through the bugs and suggestions from the last beta. around half have been done so I hope to get the list cleared off by friday. after that i will send out a new beta then start work on the final list of things that need to be done.

I didnt realise I left it so long for a status update!

I have mostly finished the menus and a few other things on Deal Or No Deal. It is looking on track for a public release at the end of July or August at the latest. Sometime in the next few days I will be asking for help with some graphics that need to be done. I will update here with more information.

I have updated the Deal Or No Deal page with several new screenshots of the game which you can view on my homebrew site at http://www.emuboards.com/guyfawkes/

Time for a quick update. I just released the (hopefully) last beta before it gets released to the public, sometime next week if all goes well. I am looking for upto 3 beta testers for a fresh perspective on the game and see if they can spot any bugs, spelling errors etc.

The game is now feature locked so I dont want any new suggestions for the game unless its minor changes, the game has been delayed more than a london train and I need to get the first version released :)

So the first three people to reply here stating they want to test the game will get sent the link for the download. For everyone else you wont have long to wait :)

Guyfawkes posted on Sep 9 2006 at 02:15 PM said:
So the first three people to reply here stating they want to test the game will get sent the link for the download. For everyone else you wont have long to wait :)

I am surprised there are no other offers yet.
As nobody is jumping for it I will give it a go for you.

Just been playing http://www.addictinggames.com/mealornomeal.html I recommend it if you want a game before the full release of Deal or no Deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
My girlfriend is a big fan of Deal or no Deal, so I wouldn't mind testing it tonight :)

I've been waiting for this game since you first announced it, already some time ago. I'd like to help in some way, so will there be a way to add custom themes ( countries ) to the game?

If the country uses the same number of cases/boxes as the US or UK version you could kinda change the graphics to fit in. But things like changing the case/box values is not possible. Depending on how popular the game is and the feedback I get to add other countries I may add full support for them in a future release.

Just sent out the very final beta to the testers. The 'todo' list is empty and all known bugs have been fixed, so if all goes well the game should be ready for release in a couple of days, hopefully Thursday or Friday.

Back