Release Days of Dawn on Pandora

Would you like to see Days of Dawn on the Pandora?

• Yes, as a full-price game with fine packaging and manual

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Yes, as a less expensive download version

Votes: 79 82.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • There's enough free RPGs out there to be played

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters

Tassilo

Still Fresh
Hello everybody.

I'm the leading game designer of Days of Dawn, a new "old-school" roleplaying game from germany, that will take the flair and feeling of those old Super-Famicom / SNES-RPGs into modern times with handpainted high-resolution artwork and 60-minutes of finest orchestra-quality soundtrack from the well known team Sound of Games.

Additionally, there will be an open world without borders or loadingscreens, a complex and non-linear story with high replay-value and a new magic-system. Plus fifty original creatures and fifty detailed illustrated characters. Further information about the game can be found on http://www.daysofdawn.com

Being an observer of the pandora for a while myself and having had some interesting talks with evil dragon and other team-members during the gamescom, I can't stop thinking about porting Days of Dawn to the Pandora.

It's planned to be released in late 2013 for PC, Mac and Linux. A Pandora-port could probably also be released around that time.

What would you think about Days of Dawn coming to the Pandora as a boxed version, including manual, soundtrack and the likes at a fitting price? What about a less expensive download-version?

Thanks and best regards,

Tassilo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that the more games there are that are developed for cash on the Pandora, the better. From the preview images, the art looks gorgeous - not sure about the "unique RPG" you're touting, as I've not seen a truly unique RPG for many, many years now - but don't let that stop you from having fun.

D.

I'd probably buy a download version, as I imagine at least a few hundred others would, and at least some of that number would buy a boxed version. Not sure if that's enough incentive for you or not.

I'd probably buy a download version, as I imagine at least a few hundred others would, and at least some of that number would buy a boxed version. Not sure if that's enough incentive for you or not.
me too.....can't wait to try a demo of this great game.

:)

wow - the graphics are amazing - too bad I'm not into this kind of RPGs

Looks good.. I would get the download version I think. The game kinda reminds me of Faery Tale Adventure a bit :)

What kind of media would be in that box? CD with the required files to be copied to the user's SD? Or are we just talking about a box of "feelies" and a download token?

I'd more likely get the downloadable version anyway, particularly for the Pandora. A game box larger than the game system itself seems a little odd.

That said, I very much like the mechanism we have for VVVVVV: a Pandora game engine which is downloadable for free (or go ahead and charge an euro or two, who cares), but which requires you to already own the data files from one of the versions for "mainstream" systems. If I decide to buy this, I think I'd want to play on both (linux and/or windows) PC and Pandora; ideally without having to buy multiple copies.

Disclaimer: I don't have my Pandora yet. My actual usage patterns remain to be determined.

What kind of media would be in that box? CD with the required files to be copied to the user's SD? Or are we just talking about a box of "feelies" and a download token?

A decision yet to be made. I'd actually like to see a dedicated Days of Dawn-SD card, but it might also end up being an installer-CD for Pandora-SDs. In any case there would be physical media included, not just a packaged download-coupon.

I may just take up a boxed version if and when this comes out.. I like to support Commercial endeavours when I see them for the Pandora.

I'm open to get either :

- full price with a binary for my desktop OS of choice, a PND, a box and all the fancy stuff

- lesser price with only a downloadable PND

keep in mind that I'm on a budget, so I'll probably prefer the second option

;)

If it's a good game, runs at full speed (or close to it) on the original model (which is what I have), and doesn't use DRM, sure, I'd buy a download version. However, I wouldn't like the download version to be less expansive; rather, I would like it to be less expensive. :p

Yes! I would support this. But as it would be *highly* unlikely you would be getting box versions to my country - I vote you focus on the download version for the Pandora. This in my mind would be the most cost-effective option for everyone. As there are so few Pandora users at present, i'm not sure you would make your money back if you invested in packaging specifically for the Pandora. (Though it would be FANTASTIC to have a comercial boxed game available for the Pandora).

If, however, you have a universal box that is used to distribute the game (and if it is specified on the box that Windows/Mac/Linux/Pandora is supported) then great! Infact, if the pricier box version could be installed on any of your target devices/ os's... then the download version could be platform specific and thus I assume could end up being a smaller file to download as well - helping out unfortunates like myself that have to pay through the teeth for their data downloads.

It sure looks promising and as I like RPGs I sure would consider buying it:)

Depending on how much the game would cost I'd buy the boxed version.

And I would definitely like the possibility to play the game on both PC and Pandora without having to buy it two times:)

I want this game!

Yes I would totally be in for buying this game on the Pandora if it was ported over. And I would love for it be in a physical box for me to hold and gloat over.

That game is so great.

I've seen the demo on Gamescom and I hope a lot of people will support the developer (btw. it's a nice guy :D ).

Hi,

Definitely looks cool and worth a buy. Especially since native Pandora games are so scarce.

Good heavens. Your artists are great, but animators they are not - unless you really want your characters to walk like John Cleese. Also, get a decent translator in. I'm sure that people really don't speak to eachother in that manner.

Nice graphics.

D.

Beautiful graphics and lovely music but the central characters animation is too stiff. I will buy it if its released for the pandora.

I like the beautiful handdrawn Art Style. :) Especialy the 3D Characters that are matching to the 2D Background are looking nice. Animations and walking speed may be a little bit slow-mo but for an early version of the game it's OK.

Back