Release Daphne WIP

Oh, ok, haven't thought about, that it could be sdreadspeed dependent, but you are right, a vide with a bitrate of 7000 kbps might not play smoothly from a Class 4 card.

Oh, ok, haven't thought about, that it could be sdreadspeed dependent, but you are right, a vide with a bitrate of 7000 kbps might not play smoothly from a Class 4 card.
Sowhat are you adding next? astron belt,galaxy ranger,mach 3,this is like a trip back in time.

I will make a textbased selection frontend first and then (maybe with some help), I will try to make a python frontend or something with picklelauncher, give me a bit time...

And maybe someone could move this to betatesting? Thanks!

This is Awsome :)

I'm getting a framefile parse error

I have a lair.m2v and a lair.ogg in the mpeg/lair folder

what does the framefile need to contain?

I have

../mpeg/lair

Last edited by a moderator:

I have

../mpeg/lair
Thats what i have do you have lair.zip in rom folder? because the settings you have work for me.I take it you ha ve txt.zip in framefile folder with first line changed to ../mpeg/lair and mpeg files in mpeg/lair folder it should work?the other way is to use original daphne mpeg files.Also make sure the pandora is overclocked and use a good sd card the faster the beter i saw a significant improvement using a class 10 card.

I have

../mpeg/lair

Update-- fixed -Game plays well full speed for me on class 10 sd @ 850

New version, same link:

http://maheld.heckel-web.pharmchem.uni-frankfurt.de/daphne.pnd

Now has a Zenity selection for romfiles and framefiles. The romfiles HAVE to be in the roms directory, the framefiles in the framefile directory. The video still has to be in the directory, which is specified in the framefile.

You should be able to run any game, daphne supports.

I cannot test it, as I only have Dragon's Lair, but all the others, please test it!

Also you can now select, if you want an overlay for score, credits etc.

New version, same link:

Now has a Zenity selection for romfiles and framefiles. The romfiles HAVE to be in the roms directory, the framefiles in the framefile directory. The video still has to be in the directory, which is specified in the framefile.

I cannot test it, as I only have Dragon's Lair, but all the others, please test it!

do the framefiles need too be renamed in a specific way as ive tried mach3 and esh's and the just reset

New version, same link:

do the framefiles need too be renamed in a specific way as ive tried mach3 and esh's and the just reset

No, framefiles do not have to be named specifically. Did you edit your framefiles to point to the right dir for the mpegs?

Is there any failurenotice or errormessage?

What is the output of /tmp/pndrun_daphne.out ?

The romfiles do have to follow the naming for daphneroms though. Are you using zip files?

The romfiles do have to follow the naming for daphneroms though. Are you using zip files?
its framefiles im thinking of ie you renamed dragons lair to lair would Astron Belt be astron ie name of video file i mean dragons lair worked no problem.

That shouldn't matter, but you can try ;)

Could you still post output from the pndrun file please?

Back