Release Daphne WIP

I once had a look at this but I decided not to do it because of some Stuff I can't remember right now.

Will have a look again, but my freetime is almost non existing these days. :(

I've just tried Daphne in my 1Ghz Pandora and as BAFelton says, it just stays in the first frame of the videos with the stock .m2v files, you can see some frames more if you disable sound and after re-encoding, Space Ace is playable, but I would not say it is "smooth" as you have some frame skips now and then (everything at 1Ghz clock) Using a genuine 32Gb Class 10 Sandisk SDHC card.

It is curious how the classic Pandoras seem to perform better than the 1GHz units, at least using Daphne

Will Daphne on OP also work with games like Crime Patrol, Who shot Johnny Rock, Mad Dog McCree / II?

I have them running on Daphne under Windows, but they also use a script-file (in stead of a framefile), so the command line looks like this in Windows:

Code:
daphne.exe singe vldp -x 800 -y 600 -framefile singe/crimepatrol/frame-crimepatrol-cdrom.txt -script singe/crimepatrol/cdrom-crimepatrol.singe

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to take another look, if you can add a custom command in the launcher. If this option is not there right now, I could add it.

I'm still struggling with Dragon's Lair though, everything was messed up (never starting at the start and so on). Currently I'm testing a different video source, a single file in stead of a bunch.

I've tweaked Juliano's script in order to let it work with the newer (and also 64 bit) version of ffmpeg.

For Windows users it's quite simple:

Download ffmpeg, extract, copy ffmpeg.exe from the bin folder

Make a new folder somewhere you like, paste the ffmpeg.exe in there

Make a new file (in Windows: right click > new textfile)

Edit the textfile, paste this in it:

Code:
for %%A in (*.m2v) do ffmpeg -i %%A -b:v 2000k -vcodec mpeg2video -filter:v yadif -s 640x480 %%A.mpg

erase *.m2v

ren *.m2v.mpg *.

ren *.m2v *.mpg

for %%B in (*.mpg) do ffmpeg -i %%B -vcodec copy -an %%B.m2v

erase *.mpg

ren *.mpg.m2v *.

ren *.mpg *.m2v

Choose File > Save as...

Set "save as file type" to All Files (*.*) in stead of Text Documents

Name the file daphnemaker.bat (or whatever you like, as long as it's .bat)

Now copy all .m2v files into this folder, make sure you use copies as originals are being deleted in the script.

Finally doubleclick your daphnemaker.bat, wait a bit and it's done!

[EDIT]

I could play but screen was always black..

Looked at pndrun_daphne.out to find errors and it told me it didn't find many DLSNN.VOB.M2V while ALL my files were DLSNN.M2V (no .VOB inside the name)

Renamed all them and it worked, but with no audio. So i guessed I had to rename all audio files too, added .VOB before the extension and now it works. Wow.

Thanks,

Francesco

Did you edit your framefile to point to the right directory ?

Back