Dance Dance Revolution On The Gp32...

OmarNawaz posted on Aug 6 2004 at 12:14 AM said:
I do not want to by any means sound disrespectful or rude BUT you are one lucky guy she has some melons and it seems she has piercings :D NICE
I don't think you where rude, and yeah she've gotten 3 piercings, tho 2 on the pic and one on the tounge. Now back on topic ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Rico - Actually, the best player is Yasu (Japanese)/JSB (American). But, because it's kind of hard to get a hold of them and to ask them to make videos, I gave links to Alex, who is a pretty good player who is on the CobaltFlux forums, so he posts videos regularly (Keep in mind that the home versions of DDR have timing that's A LOT easier than the arcade versions)

The joystick shouldn't be used for controls. I think this would be better:
Start - Down
Select - Up
L - Left
R - Right

And for the chatboard, just choose any four keys that are right next to each other in the same row, and make them the equivalent of the zx,. style of controls.

OmarNawaz posted on Aug 6 2004 at 12:14 AM said:
I do not want to by any means sound disrespectful or rude BUT you are one lucky guy she has some melons and it seems she has piercings :D NICE

again sorry for my rudeness i am drunk therforer o find irt hard to nbe totally politer
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I may return to Stepmania with the joypad in tow. Would you recommend using the buttons exclusively, or using the buttons with the d-pad?

:huh:
Stepmania with a joypad? A keyboard is much better. Any specific reason why you want to play with a joypad and not with a keyboard?

I just had a revelation - instead of trying to use arrows, or an arrow-shaped collection of keys, use a horizontal strip in the same order as the game! That would link the arrows to the screen in your mind a lot more strongly, since it's the same spatial position. I will try that out.

I think this sounds quite fun :)

One thing which I'm not sure anybody has mentioned yet, is something I think I saw available for the Playstation a while back (I don't think it was a dream... but it may have been). It was a mini dance mat. It was solid rather than being a mat as such. Imagine a mini version of one of the solid arcade dance platforms. The idea being that you could make your fingers dance on it :p.

Now, I have no idea whether or not it would be possible to get such a thing and modify it for use with the GP32, but I just thought I'd give it a mention :).

Rico posted on Aug 7 2004 at 06:46 PM said:
I just had a revelation - instead of trying to use arrows, or an arrow-shaped collection of keys, use a horizontal strip in the same order as the game! That would link the arrows to the screen in your mind a lot more strongly, since it's the same spatial position. I will try that out.
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

Jez - You weren't dreaming. That's a real controller. I think this might be what you were looking at.

No sarcasm. I would like to play this game (hey, maybe with some decent, non J-Pop tunes though) and this looks like an easy way to do it.

That method you were talking about, that's zx,. style. Where z = left, x = down, , = up, . = right. A LOT of people who play Stepmania play that way, including myself.

Okay, well that at least validates my idea. Thanks for telling me about it back when I said I couldn't really use the arrow keys, though :/

UPDATE: Getting PS2 dance mat on Thursday. I'm also getting drunk on Saturday evening with some friends - should prove amusing.

Oh it is. I can vouch for that.

EDIT: Also, My granny got drunk at christmas, decided to have a go, can be brilliant.

Jive turkey?

Rico - So, what's the deal? Are you seriously getting into DDR or are you just getting the pad just for fun (Playing it only for a few days drunk when you're friends come over)?

Back