Dance Dance Revolution On The Gp32...

Yes, playing with your fingers still takes a LOT of skill. As said, most people can only imagine playing the simple songs. I do play with my fingers and feet. Most people would be lost playing 9 and 10 foot songs(10 being the hardest difficulty) even with their fingers.

Yeah, and most of the people who play stepmania with fingers play 11+ footers (REALLY fun, like that video I posted in an earlier post). So, if you haven't had previous experience with stepmania, of course you're going think that it's a stupid idea (It's the same thing with DDR. See the game for the first time with someone playing a 1 footer versus seeing it for the first time playing a 10 footer).

BTW, 2 cool DDR videos just so you guys know what the game's like when you're good:
Hardest song in the game
Hard 10 footer in Stealth Mode (Quite a feat)

extremegamer posted on Aug 5 2004 at 12:29 AM said:
this might be the gayest idea i have ever heard.
hahaha im not about to read pages 2 & 3 but this guy knows whats going down

fag.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that if you play games and hate DDR, you're the gay one :) DDR is great!

...I don't like the gp32DDR idea though, I might step on it >_<

The GP32 DDR won't use an actual DDR pad. There might not even be a GP32 DDR, but instead more of a GP32 Bemani game that uses the original GP32 buttons.

What a mess of a topic... The flame seed was just some heavily sarcastic thoughts.
Don't be offensed by humour. Yeah of course that was not politically correct (sorry gay people outta there), neither morally. Still please don't get mad for that. That's not offensive, that's just plainly a stupid piece of humour.
I think that a moderator should stop this nowhere-going topic.

Azure posted on Aug 5 2004 at 08:41 AM said:
The GP32 DDR won't use an actual DDR pad. There might not even be a GP32 DDR, but instead more of a GP32 Bemani game that uses the original GP32 buttons.
Yeah, a special pad for GP32 would be pretty unusable.

I honestly don't think most people were upset by the homophobic comments, it was more that he was insulting DDR, which I know inspires a near relgious zeal in some people.

I love this idea. A full-sized dance pad wouldn't work well, but a Bemani-ish game would be the absolute bomb. Especially if you could include chatboard support for multiple players - say, one person has one half of the board and the other has the other half, or one person uses the chatboard and the other uses the controls on the GP32 itself.

If it's what you want then go for it :D. Deffinately sounds interesting. I might see if the gbc games are any good, although half the enjoyment for me is the good (or cheesy) music, so can't see it being quite as good with blips and blops. An mp3 one sounds great though imo :).

Edit: And I think a special pad for the gp32 would work. People use chatboards easily enough. Maybe if it was styled like those wingman things for the origional gba, that could work maybe.

Azure, I suppose it would work. I guess my only major problem is it being called 'Dance Dance Revolution' without dancing but the mechanics are there. I am downloading those 'alex' videos right now, so I assume alex is some kind of master player. As for real DDR, I used to be on the 'E' level until I realised you need to press slightly after the arrow overlaps, due to some sort of lag, then I got 'C'. I still can't handle anything remotely complex. Then you get some girl come up and do it and she's been spending £50 a day in machines for the last year and does "5,6,7,8" in uber hard 10 stealth super power mode. Humiliating!

EDIT: To save face, I've only put two credits into a DDR machine. It's not something I do often :)

I gots an idea:

Send a Ps1 Dance Pad to Mash Mods with your GP32 and they will mod the pad on your GP32 :lol:

Worth a shot. Hope this idea comes true, DDR is cool ya know.

HHAhhahhaha thats the dumbest thing i hav ever seen how the hell are you supposed to jump around and still concentrate on that ever so tiny screen :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :p

Wow, you can play it anywhere :)

I just installed StepMania and had a few tryouts with any songs I can get my hands on... and it seems nigh-impossible to control the thing. I kept shifting my fingers around the arrow pad (they're not fat or anything, my mind just doesn't want to lock one finger to one key) and it's nigh-impossible to do the two-arrow combinations. Basically I suck.

Twinbee posted on Aug 5 2004 at 10:06 AM said:
Phalex.jpg

I am so, so sorry... :lol:
that IS funny...

i wasn't really thinking about using the pad...i think that i might try to hack a beatmania controller to the gp32...but i have never played that before...

Attachments

• Phalex.jpg
    Phalex.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Phalex.jpg
    Phalex.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Phalex.jpg
    Phalex.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 124
First about the previous flamewar. My present girl friend i've gotten by ddr. I think she's hot, but judge for yourself. http://jon.aslund.org/bilder/2004-07-28-he...80-dsc_0973.jpg (Yeah, i just wanna show off ;p)

Now. DDR on gp32 would be possible. Use the standard joystick for the arrows, and for double arrows, use a secondary set of arrows (That's how you do it on a dual shock 2) For example

Joy = Arrows
L = Left arrow
R = Right arrow
A = Up arrow
B = Down Arrow

So if you need to press a multiple arrow lets say up and left

you move the joy to the left and press a ^^.

I would love if someone would port, say stepmania (stepmania.com, opensource, early versions may work?). DWI or any other DDR simulator to gp32 ^^

the dance pad doesnt look that bad imo. its just kidn of gay holding the gba at the same time. if they got something else to hold it up it would look real nice.

Yuglooc posted on Aug 5 2004 at 05:39 PM said:
First about the previous flamewar. My present girl friend i've gotten by ddr. I think she's hot, but judge for yourself. http://jon.aslund.org/bilder/2004-07-28-he...80-dsc_0973.jpg (Yeah, i just wanna show off ;p)

Now. DDR on gp32 would be possible. Use the standard joystick for the arrows, and for double arrows, use a secondary set of arrows (That's how you do it on a dual shock 2) For example

Joy = Arrows
L = Left arrow
R = Right arrow
A = Up arrow
B = Down Arrow

So if you need to press a multiple arrow lets say up and left

you move the joy to the left and press a ^^.

I would love if someone would port, say stepmania (stepmania.com, opensource, early versions may work?). DWI or any other DDR simulator to gp32 ^^
I do not want to by any means sound disrespectful or rude BUT you are one lucky guy she has some melons and it seems she has piercings :D NICE

again sorry for my rudeness i am drunk therforer o find irt hard to nbe totally politer

Back