front mission
final fantasy tactics
Legend of zelda
bubble bobble
Puzzle bobble
magical drop
Raiden
Street Fighter (lol)
Racing games ( Need for speed, cruisin USA, etc.)
Tony hawk's pro skater (now that's challenging!)
Spyro
Tekken
Plug in 5 pads and map them all to different keys, and then type with it (your workout for the day, just typing a sentence.)
Pinball
Sonic the hedgehog
Guitar Hero (with some extended mapping, maybe.)
Frets on fire
Desktop Tower Defence (mouse mapping)
Wolfenstien 3D
Snake
Metal gear solid
Harvest Moon
Crimson Skies

Have one at your feet and one in front of you on a wall or some fixture, and play punchout with realistic dodging and punching controls (step back to dodge back, dodge left and right, etc. Step forward and punch to punch high, step back and punch to punch low, step diagonally to press select and use the special power, etc. That sounds pretty cool to me (but you'll never beat tyson. =P)

Can anyone else think of some games you could play using a dance pad with 8 buttons (4 directions, 4 diagonals, assuming you can map the "buttons" on the pad to do anything via PC)

I'm seriously thinking of getting one or two just to play around with it. Ahh, lazy weight loss and video game addiction. Seriously, think of how much weight you could lose trying to play final fantasy with a dance pad =D (tap tap tap tap tap tap, magic, tap tap tap, items, tap tap tap, attack, tap tap tap, etc. xD)

Plus it's just something weird to do =D

So, can anyone else think of some games or ANYTHING you might be able to do with an 8 button DDR pad?

That reminds me. I need to get the metal dance mat down. That thing rocks.

Until you snap off the bar at the back in a half naked 7 minute flurry of dance moves. (I kept going, mind you :))

I like the sound of Street Figher, mind you :D Just like when I completed SCii on the Gamecube with a set of bongos.
Damn right.

PLAY DDR! obviously...

I still want a metal pad... and to live somewhere where I have no fear of falling through the floor while playing (I haven't played in yeeeeears(only when I incidentally spot am arcade machine.) because I don't trust me jumping around in my attic bedroom...)

PLAY DDR! obviously...
I still want a metal pad... and to live somewhere where I have no fear of falling through the floor while playing (I haven't played in yeeeeears(only when I incidentally spot am arcade machine.) because I don't trust me jumping around in my attic bedroom...)

Living in a bungalow, I'm not worried.

It's funny, my parents are half, why the hell is he making so much noise? And half, at least he's getting exercise.

Last edited by a moderator:
the things people will do to lose weight.

EDIT: the media player idea is actually pretty cool.
Well it's not that it would be for losing weight, but consider how much time I spend sitting around playing RPGs. Now, take those RPGs and put the controls at my feet, where I actually have to move more than just my fingers to move around in menus, etc. The idea is to make things I could control with my hands controllable with my feet, thereby actually making me that much more active while doing things I would usually be doing sitting around. Plus, messing with an alternative controller for ANYTHING is tons of fun, and even if I get bored with it, it'll take me a long time considering the endless number of possibilities 8 buttons has. It's not like I'm using it as an alternative to actual exercise, but rather as a way of changing the things I do that aren't very physically active into being somewhat MORE physically active.

Also, track and field for the NES. I never even thought of it. =P

I actually just got a dance pad, but one of the cheap MadCatz ones. If I'm lucky it'll last half a year, but I suck at DDR. It is actually pretty good for playing Braid and Street Fighter, but very hard.

I think there's also a way to connect a wiimote to a PC (not sure how well it works, though). Dance mat+wiimote+pretty much any fps=fun!

Not sure how the pad works. If you stand on a directional button and don't take your foot off, does it act the same way as a controller would or does it treat it as pressing and letting go?

Not sure how the pad works. If you stand on a directional button and don't take your foot off, does it act the same way as a controller would or does it treat it as pressing and letting go?
It works the same way a controller would. There are times in DDR where you need to press down a button and keep your foot there while pressing other buttons.

It works the same way a controller would. There are times in DDR where you need to press down a button and keep your foot there while pressing other buttons.
So theoretically you could play just about any game on a dance pad.

Pro Wrestling for the NES would be a blast especially if you were playing against someone who was also on a dance pad. The controls are simple enough that it would be perfectly playable also.

So theoretically you could play just about any game on a dance pad.
Pro Wrestling for the NES would be a blast especially if you were playing against someone who was also on a dance pad. The controls are simple enough that it would be perfectly playable also.

I gotta get myself a dance pad so I can try playing punch out. That sounds like tons of fun.

Back