Dance Dance Revolution On The Gp32...

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
Hello! i had a funny idea...there was a dance dance revolution game for the gameboy color...and...there is a gameboy color emulator for the gp32... :lol: ...

i think i might hack a soft ddr pad and use it on the gp32 so i can play ddr wherever i go...

just thought i'd share that with everyone...

nerd of nerds

Good luck, but personally I think joypad or keyboard-based DDR games totally remove the skill and fun from them. And the possible weight loss :)

Rico posted on Aug 4 2004 at 10:59 PM said:
Good luck, but personally I think joypad or keyboard-based DDR games totally remove the skill and fun from them. And the possible weight loss :)
Its fun if there is a high score chart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rico posted on Aug 4 2004 at 04:59 PM said:
i might hack a ps controller (ddr pad...) for this...

OR i could hack a beatmania controller to gp32...there is also beatmania for gameboy

ther MIGHT be a pop'n music for gb...that would be fun (and EASY) to make a mini controller for...

extremegamer posted on Aug 4 2004 at 11:29 PM said:
this might be the gayest idea i have ever heard.
Kinda rude don't you think?

I like, but there's one slight flaw, in that you'd find it hard to see the GP when dancing. Unless you hold it, which would mean you're gonna trip over the wire.

This one time last summer I saw two guys kissing in the park and that was the gayest thing I had ever seen until I saw the idea for a dance dance revolution game conversion on the gp32. Instead of wasting time trying to convert a soft ddr pad why not use that energy for hetrosexual purposes such as (and I know this is a stretch for some of you) picking up women. Why dont you try actually dancing? you never know you might pick up!

NO WAIT......I take it all back. I have had a moment to think about it..and well I DO actually think its a great idea! HONEST! But what you should really do is try to hack an actual dance mat and hook it up to your gp32!! THEN send me a video of you playing dance dance revolution on your gp32 WITH the dance mat. You guys are geniuses!! Dont worry about using your obvious intelligence to help the worlds problems at all. Forget that. Concentrate on bringing the public what it really needs! A DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION GAME FOR THE GP32. Why hasnt anyone thought of this before?

This one time last summer I saw two guys kissing in the park and that was the gayest thing I had ever seen until I saw the idea for a dance dance revolution game conversion on the gp32. Instead of wasting time trying to convert a soft ddr pad why not use that energy for hetrosexual purposes such as (and I know this is a stretch for some of you) picking up women. Why dont you try actually dancing? you never know you might pick up!

gatso posted on Aug 5 2004 at 01:43 AM said:
NO WAIT......I take it all back. I have had a moment to think about it..and well I DO actually think its a great idea! HONEST! But what you should really do is try to hack an actual dance mat and hook it up to your gp32!! THEN send me a video of you playing dance dance revolution on your gp32 WITH the dance mat. You guys are geniuses!! Dont worry about using your obvious intelligence to help the worlds problems at all. Forget that. Concentrate on bringing the public what it really needs! A DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION GAME FOR THE GP32. Why hasnt anyone thought of this before?
Ha fucking ha. I hate DDR personally, but there's no need to bash the guy over his idea.

Rico posted on Aug 4 2004 at 03:59 PM said:
Good luck, but personally I think joypad or keyboard-based DDR games totally remove the skill and fun from them.
Actually, if you've tried it and played harder songs, you'd find out that it's a lot more fun than you would think (Trust me, it is. Most people don't think it would be fun because they suck and they can only imagine playing some simple songs. But, there are a lot of stepmania players out there that play with fingers, and if you see them play some of the harder songs, you might be able to realize how much fun it actually can be).

DDR with a pad isn't the best idea, but that doesn't mean that it's "homosexual."
extremegamer & gatso - How about showing some maturity? ;)

EDIT:
Video of playing Stepmania (DDR Simulator) with fingers.

gatso posted on Aug 4 2004 at 06:34 PM said:
GO TO HELL YOU STUPID JOCK!!!

I'm not gay...

good goo...i can't stand it when people make fun of ddr and the similar games...

i didn't REALLY want to hook the pa up to it...

what i was thinking is maybe make it like pop n music...

which they also have on the gbc...hmmmm....mebbe i could build a pop n music controller...

Do you plan on having it work with a controller or with the original GP32 buttons (Can't do IIDX or Pop'N with the original GP32 buttons)?

Bashing DDR is really lame. I suck at it but its fun. I am sure when people give it a chance they will like it alot.

Azure posted on Aug 4 2004 at 08:15 PM said:
Do you plan on having it work with a controller or with the original GP32 buttons (Can't do IIDX or Pop'N with the original GP32 buttons)?
not sure yet...i might make a mini controller...

what would be UBER fun is if somone made a proper port of a ddr simulator and made it use the chatboard...that way we chould hack buttons to the chatboard and have custom controllers... :D ...we already have an mp3 player that runs at 66mhz (i think...) so all we need is something to "play" the .dwi files whilst playing an mp3...not hard at all...

and you are right...they should mature up...seriously, just because someone enjoys something that you find odd doesn't meen its gay...my friend called my tae kwon do class "dance class" and his mom did the same thing...i was REALLY pissed at em for that...f&*^ers...

ddr isn't gay...really...i was being hit on by a couple hotties at the arcade once when i was playing ddr...that definetly qualifies me as NOT GAY!!!!!!!!11111111

oh...and your original question... i will probobly add a connector on the back for the controller to plug into...connected to all of the buttons and the joystick...i might look into modding an iidx for the gp32...but i haven't played that game yet.. it looks really fuuuun...

Quite the Jerk today, arent we gatso? Ive never even seen you on these boards. Been hanging out in the spam topics?

I think its a great idea. I dont know about you guys, but Im thrilled whenever someone wants to add to the GP32 scene, especially with something this unique! :D Good Luck man!

gatso posted on Aug 5 2004 at 12:34 AM said:
OK WTF is your problem!!! Huh dont you know guys like these make the gp32 what it is so pay a little respect muthafuka in this day and age shit like this shouldn't be tolerated especially on the global community that is the internet.

SO basically if you have nothing constructive to say KINDLY SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

END FLAME

BTW Go for it nerd of nerds dont let anyone phase you.

nerd of nerds posted on Aug 4 2004 at 07:29 PM said:
Azure posted on Aug 4 2004 at 08:15 PM said:
not sure yet...i might make a mini controller...

what would be UBER fun is if somone made a proper port of a ddr simulator and made it use the chatboard...that way we chould hack buttons to the chatboard and have custom controllers... :D ...we already have an mp3 player that runs at 66mhz (i think...) so all we need is something to "play" the .dwi files whilst playing an mp3...not hard at all...

and you are right...they should mature up...seriously, just because someone enjoys something that you find odd doesn't meen its gay...my friend called my tae kwon do class "dance class" and his mom did the same thing...i was REALLY pissed at em for that...f&*^ers...

ddr isn't gay...really...i was being hit on by a couple hotties at the arcade once when i was playing ddr...that definetly qualifies me as NOT GAY!!!!!!!!11111111

oh...and your original question... i will probobly add a connector on the back for the controller to plug into...connected to all of the buttons and the joystick...i might look into modding an iidx for the gp32...but i haven't played that game yet.. it looks really fuuuun...
We don't really need to mod the charboard at all. Just play zx,. style.

No you all need to relax a little. Im not saying that if you enjoy DDR that its gay, that being homosexual, that being 2 guys enjoying each others sensual company. NOT AT ALL. All im saying is that the concept is....you know....faggy. Im sure its aa hell of a lot of fun. But really lets not make up lies about 2 hot chicks trying to pick you up for playing DDR.....thats really just sad. In reality if 2 hot chicks talk to you that doesnt nessecarily mean thay are trying to pick u up. So lets just forget that concept or you will have gp32 people queing at DDR acrcades scratching their heads wondering why they arent getting poon. But look if DDR floats your boat by all means go for ir. Im just viewing my opinion in the matter whcich is what these boards are for. If you dont like what I say then voice your opinion, thats the beauty of forums. And telling some one to
SO basically if you have nothing constructive to say KINDLY SHUT THE FUCK UP!!
is not an opinion its a directive. Im sorry if ive offended anyone.

Oh by the way I was thinking of porting barbies dream house does anyone have any ideas??

Back