Weekly shipment updates?

Do you want detailed weekly shipment status updates?

• Yes, please

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • No, I don't

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters

L-Fin

Still Fresh
Dear fellow Pandoraists. It's been a while (269 days to be exact) since my previous attempt to get more information on the status of this project and looking back I agree it was foolish of me to ask for daily updates - most of it really would have been either "nothing new" or "we don't know".

I still consider myself to be not only a supporter and an enthusiast but also a customer and thus I feel I am entitled, after waiting for 838 days, to more information than what is currently available. Jacquelyn has told me "Your approixmate queue position is 600 - 700." and based on the numbers available in various scattered posts I think I should have received mine already.

What I'm asking here is the community's opinion on whether Craig and ED should start posting weekly updates of the shipment status? It should be very easy for them to provide the exact amount of units shipped (including warranty returns and replacements) thus giving everybody a very clear idea on where they are on the queue of both suppliers.

Please vote and/or comment. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather the day I get my mail about the tracking number be a surprise than counting it down week by week. You know... watching paint dry or a pot of water boil and all that.

Between Twitter and the boards I think as much info as is available makes it to us. Posts like this come across to me as being tonally similar to that of a petulant child if I'm honest. I'm not attacking you personally, but just expressing my opinion that I whole-heartedly disagree with you that Craig/ED et al are duty bound to provide the level of detail that would satisfy you. I think there has been a concerted effort on the part of the team to keep the community appeased in these difficult times (see ED's daily videos).

Plus I think that if exact figures are provided, the boards will be filled with posts, and the the team will be inundated with emails, along the lines of 'I'm x in the queue, why haven't I received my Pandora yet?'

I summary, I very much disagree with you.

Well I voted yes, but honestly as long as the pandora arrives I'll be very happy indeed, I've downloaded every game & emulator I can find, I've got one 32gb & one 16gb sd cards ready to go, a few cute xfce themes, and I'm seriously tempted to order a spare battery and the tv out cables, all thats left to do is pull a sickie for a few days buy a few bottles of wine some popcorn & pringles & I'll be good to go

I'm seriously tempted to order a spare battery and the tv out cables, all thats left to do is pull a sickie for a few days buy a few bottles of wine some popcorn & pringles & I'll be good to go

I did order a spare battery + TV Out. :)

Your plan to pull a sickie when it arrives sounds divine! I so wish I could do that... I literally can't think of anything more enjoyable.

Unfortunately as I am a 50% business owner I don't get sick days. Hell, I don't even get days off! :angry:

Back