Daily Updates?

Do you want daily updates?

• Total voters

aliking said:
Another way to look at this is: IF the team were giving daily updates would you want them to stop? Would you not read them? Would it be worse to have daily updates?
If they were giving daily updates, that would be the way it is, and I doubt anyone would think about it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
back round the time of the first delays there would be weeks at a time with hearing nothing, and by nothing, I mean nothing at all. Craig and ED have gotten very good with posting the lastest info after they get it, MW does a good job of interjecting every once in a while. Recently (last month or two) they have been catching alot of heat on the speculation and when one has to go back on what they said because it wasn't cleared with the others first. So I can see them biting their tongues a bit before they got a straight answer on what they are deciding to do first before posting it.

But honestly the updates lately have come at a fairly decent pace from what I'm seeing, much improved from the way it used to be towards the beginning of last year. I would say it is acceptable at a minimum.

aliking said:
When I click a link in a browser - I see a little animated picture that lets me know things are going on.
When you click a link and the animated picture starts spinning, it's letting you know it's actually trying to do something. One of the many things that bothers me is when that little thing keeps spinning as if something is happening, when absolutely nothing is actually happening. Like, seriously, stop spinning so I can recognize that nothing is happening so I can at least hit refresh and try again. But nooooo, it sits there spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and 5 minutes later it's still spinning and absolutely nothing more has been loaded. But because it was spinning, I figured it was at least trying to do something.
Stupid circle. :(

Prometheus said:
aliking said:
Another way to look at this is: IF the team were giving daily updates would you want them to stop? Would you not read them? Would it be worse to have daily updates?
If they were giving daily updates, that would be the way it is, and I doubt anyone would think about it. :p

Plus, i very much enjoy the latest excuses for why the product is 3 years late.. i am amazed at the creativity of the guys that are running this thing. China, volcanos, wifi, banks not accepting credit cards, wire x-fers needed, case molding messed up, people needed for assembly, ups, the list goes on and on. i enjoy the "creative" responses to peoples questions.
Suggestion, just reply in bold type as a sticky "WE FRANKLY JUST DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THE HELL WE ARE DOING AND HAVE NO IDEA WHEN AND IF THIS SHIT WILL ARRIVE, NOW LEAVE ME THE F**K ALONE!"

I think "updates when there's something to update" is good enough. If _nothing_ happens for a week i would be worried, and then a simple "we're still here (waiting for X)" post would be ok, but look at the pandora log, there has been much more than a single post each day (from the time that the log covers; 14th - 22th) from some team member. They may not have been titled "pandora update of the day", but it still shows to me that they're far from dead.

OT:
WizardStan said:
Stupid circle. :(
Yeah. The correct way to interpret is that "things are not ready", it doesnt (usually) actually tell about things happening. An animated "loading" cursor that spun 1/4th of a circle for every packet (or continously if many packets) received and transmitted regarding the progress of loading the page could be nice :p

craigix said:
gibberish said:
craigix said:
Today's update would still be 'still waiting to hear from UPS about the shipment'.

and what about the cases? they're all packaged up and waiting to ship too?

As far as I know they are going to arrive at about the same time - when that time will be I don't yet know, but I think UPS will be caught up by monday.

dodged the question nicely there ;-)

I have a way for everyone to be happy and entertained for.... at least a while.

DO THIS!

Terminal:

Code:
apt-get moo

Simple.

Works on OSX, Linux, iPhone, N900 and linux systems which support apt-get (debian based - thanks urjaman)

Post back here if it's new to you!

L-Fin said:
After waiting for 569 days since I ordered three Pandoras I finally had to register to this forum

[...]

Welcome to the forums! :D

If you've gotten to the point where you absolutely must be told when craig needs a shit, is having a shit, or has eaten 12 pickles eggs and can't shit, then I think it's time to go and find something creative to do. There have been plentiful updates recently, we know exactly what's going on and what time frames we're looking at.

kingoddball said:
Works on OSX, Linux, iPhone, N900 (all Linux/*nix devices with term)

For your information that works only on systems equipped with apt-get eg. Debian derivatives and propably pclinuxos. For examples of some relatively popular linuces w/o apt-get: Arch Linux (uses pacman), Gentoo (portage), etc..

EDIT: Still, here's something to do for a few mins: apt-get is opensource, so go and find out what that command line does without compiling the source ;)

Well then... That sucks.
Thanks urjaman.

It's still a groovy toy when it works. Works on my iPhone, N900, Mint Linux and OSX.

How would I find out what 'apt-get moo' does without compiling? Automated, isn't it?

It's just fun! I like it!

We are updated MORE than enough. Any other company wouldn't let you now anything probably. These people have a life too. Seems to me that some people are trying to have the developers work every minute of the day. If developer X is eating a sandwich, this also could have been spend on working on the Pandora.

"GO TO WORK NOW!! Bring me daily updates!" :lol:

Please... get a life with these update requests. EvilDragon for example goes to bed sometimes at 5 or 6 in the morning. This is not healthy. And all so that some people can have an electronic device one day. Ugh!

The blog provides already more than enough.

craigix said:
It looks like we are going to get the delivery early next week if that volcano stays quiet.

magic-the-gathering-card-Eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull-karte.jpg

Attachments

• magic-the-gathering-card-Eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull-karte.jpg
    magic-the-gathering-card-Eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull-karte.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 112
Back